~twenty-seven~

Davina's paging through her grimoire in Kol's playhouse, once again, to try to find a way to reverse his hex. She's had no luck so far, but she wasn't going to stop trying. Anastasia didn't know because Kol didn't want her to worry, but Davina thought that the more help, the better it would be.

Kol was currently fiddling with the flame while Anastasia set up the ingredients for the spell to change the dagger from silver to gold.

"Are you ready?"

"I don't know," she replies. "I've never done this before."

"I never actually completed the spell itself, but then, I've never had an accomplice as powerful as you," Kol smirks, causing Anastasia to giggle. Davina looks up and rolls her eyes. They were meaninglessly finishing a dagger when they should have been trying to find a way to save Kol's life.

"So, let's do it, then," Anastasia smiles.

"Let's do it."

"Let's not and say we did," Davina mutters, causing the two witches to look at her. "Sorry, I've got other things on my mind." She gives Kol a significant glance, causing him to respond with a meaningful look.

Anastasia and Kol hold the handle of the dagger over the flame of the Bunsen burner. The two of them begin chanting the spell, which causes the dagger to become so hot that they drop it on the ground. Anastasia picks it up off the ground and sees that the blade has turned from silver to gold.

"I think it worked," Kol nods with a sly smile.

Davina comes over, looking reluctantly intrigued. She examines the blade and breaks into a miniscule smile. "You guys did it." She can't help but chuckle in amazement and reaches up to kiss him on the lips. Kol takes the dagger from her hand and puts it down before securing his arms around her waist.

Kol suddenly stops kissing Davina and gasps in shock. As he backs away from her, his nose starts to bleed pretty heavily, causing Davina and Anastasia frown.

"Kol, what happened," Anastasia questions, concern lacing her tone.

"Oh, must've been the spell. Probably took a toll on me," Kol answers with a nervous chuckle. Davina rolls her eyes once again, silently judging his decisions. She takes a tissue and soaks the blood near his nose up.

"You, mister, need to rest," Davina informs him in a 'don't argue with me' tone. "For more than one reason, yeah?"

"Ah, whatever you say, love," he tells her sincerely before turning to Anastasia. "Now, you hide this dagger for now, okay? Because, uh, well, we've got reason to celebrate. You both going to the wedding?"

"I was planning on it," Davina nods, as well as Anastasia.

"Then join me, eh?" Davina narrows her eyes at him, so he holds his hands up in innocence. "I swear, I will rest. It's later this evening, so I'll have plenty of time."

"Kol, you're—never mind. Heh, you know what, fine, let's go to the wedding. But, if there's music, we're dancing. Take care of yourself." Davina gives him one last look before she leaves with Anastasia.

———————————————————————————————————

"Hey, D," Rebekah greets on the phone.

"Um, hi, Bex," Davina replies, though a little confused on why she was calling. "What's up?"

"Listen...Kol didn't want me to tell you, but he's asked for my help about the hex," she admits. "He didn't want you to worry, but it's been getting worse. I just thought that you should be here."