~fifty-four~

Davina's standing in the middle of a crowded club with a drink in hand. She was watching as the room was immediately turned into a pub crawl at the stroke of midnight. All of the human patrons became blood bags for the vampires immersed within all of them.

"Well, isn't this amusing," she remarks sardonically, magically snapping the neck of a vampire who was looking at her hungrily.

"That's the French Riviera for you, darling," Kol replies, slinging an arm around her shoulder. "Could be considered almost as crazy as New Orleans."

"I don't know if any town could live up to New Orleans," Davina chuckles. She feels her phone suddenly start to buzz in her pocket and sighs. "Hold on. It's...your brother."

"Now, that can only mean one thing if he feels it's important enough to interrupt what remains of our honeymoon," he muses.

"Yeah." Davina walks outside the club to take the call where it was quiet. "Klaus?"

"Ah, Davina. My apologies for calling you at this hour, but we have a problem in New Orleans that's in urgent need for a witch of your caliber," Klaus informs her.

"Um, Klaus, do know that your brother and I are still trying to enjoy what's left of our peaceful days, right?"

"I wouldn't be calling if it wasn't completely necessary."

"Fine," she relents with a sigh. "We'll be back in town by tomorrow."

"Thank you." With that, Klaus ends the call.

"I never should've gotten a new phone," Davina grumbles to herself.

———————————————————————————————————

"So, we're back, as requested," Davina yells from the entrance of the compound. "But it seems as though we can't get in. Care to explain?"

"Ah, yes," Klaus replies as he comes into view. "That would be Freya's doing. This is what she would call 'protection' for my sake and Hope's."

"Well, in case you've forgotten, Nik," Kol sighs. "We kind of live in there. Do you just expect us to camp right outside?"

"Listen, I...I suggest you find Freya. There's something floating around this town, and it's not good," he tentatively explains. "She can explain it better than I can."

"You were the one who called me in the first place," Davina huffs. "Explain it, Klaus."

"It's called the Hollow," Klaus explains with a deep frown, causing identical horrified expressions to appear on the couple's faces. "It tried to sacrifice Hope and other children to gain power. Now, it seems as though it wants to sacrifice more powerful beings—like me and Elijah, for example."

"Bloody fantastic," Kol grumbles. "One of the most powerful witches of all time is now floating around the city which we reside in."

"You're right. I'm going to go find Freya," Davina states. "Kol, do you think you could bring our stuff into the attic of the church and wait there for me?"

"Wait there? Surely you don't expect me to sit around while you're off, possibly doing something dangerous," he tells her with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll be with your sister, so nothing bad will happen, okay? I'm sure she's not doing anything important anyway," Davina chuckles, trying to convince him. In all honesty, she was just worried that if Hollow was, in fact, going after powerful beings, that Kol could fall victim as well. "I'll be there soon, I promise."

Kol looks at her and sighs deeply. He presses a kiss to her forehead before reluctantly speeding away.

"Well, you two seem to be glowing after your honeymoon," Klaus remarks with a smirk. "I assume you're enjoying married life very much?"