~nineteen~

Davina walks into the compound, just to hear Elijah's very loud bellow. "Brother! Niklaus!"

"Seriously, Elijah? There's no reason to yell. There's no shortage of supernatural hearing in here," she grumbles.

"Where is my brother?"

"Uh, how would I know?"

"Davina, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command," Elijah states. "Your level of sass is unappreciated at the moment."

Davina snorts before rolling her eyes. "Try using the magical devices that are used to contact people," she says, dramatically pulling out her cellphone. She then dials a number, hoping for them to pick up.

"Hey, Davina."

"Finally," she exclaims as she walks back out of the compound. "I've been calling you, but you never seem to answer your phone. What, no service wherever you're hiding away?"

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just...you know, things are really complicated," Anastasia sighs.

"Of course they'd be complicated," Davina whisper-shouts into the phone. "You resurrected Mikael, and now the whole family knows he's alive. You're probably number one on their hit list."

"Which is why I'm not there right now. It was good to hear your voice, but I've got to go. See you soon."

"Wait-" Anastasia suddenly hangs up, leaving Davina to stare at her phone in annoyance.

"Well, that was rather rude," Klaus remarks as he stands behind her.

"Klaus," she groans before turning around. "What do you want, exactly?"

"I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with, and at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch. You wouldn't happen to know where she is, do you?"

"No," Davina grinds out. "And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. You'd probably smack her head off her body."

"For good reason. Had I magically resurrected the insane vampire-hunter of my sworn enemy, I'd be hiding, too!" He then narrows his eyes. "You didn't happen to have anything to do with that, did you, Davina?"

"What? No, stop asking me these ridiculous questions," she replies.

"Let me rephrase. Did you know about Mikael before he had been revealed to be alive?"

Davina contemplates her answer and then shrugs before nodding. "Yeah." She sees Klaus clench his jaw in anger, though doesn't feel bothered by it.

"And you didn't say anything because?"

"Because it was the day your daughter was born, stolen, and 'killed'," Davina snaps, using quotation marks. "I didn't have the heart to tell you that day, or any day after because you guys were so sad. Plus, it's not like Mikael had even tried making a move."

"Since you kept this from me, it's only fair that you help me locate the little witch."

"Well, in case you didn't hear, Ana's location was not revealed," Davina points out.

"Oh, on the contrary, love. You just had to know how to listen. For instance, I heard cicadas, and I heard tans, but the real giveaway was the church bells. Did you know Anastasia's family owns a little cabin in Terrebonne Parish? It's been abandoned for years! But, a brief glimpse at a map showed its just a mile from the loveliest little chapel."

"Wow, stalker much? Okay, what do you expect me to do if you already know where she is?"

"If Anastasia wants to use Mikael to kill me, we only have two options. One—you reason with her-"