~seven~

Davina enters the dining room the next morning to see an elaborate breakfast has been set up. Rebekah and Klaus were already seated with servers floating about. Her eyes light up when she sees beignets sitting on the table,

"Oh, my god. I've always wanted to try one of these," Davina murmurs and plucks it from the pastry dish. She takes a bite and closes her eyes in satisfaction. "So good." While continuing to stuff her face, Klaus and Rebekah were talking.

"Have you spoken to our good friend, Marcel, today?"

"No," Rebekah lies. "Should I have?"

"He's been mysteriously silent—avoiding me, some might say. I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all of those sweet nothings."

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you," Rebekah sighs.

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes" He starts mocking her. "'My saintly, noble brother lies writhing in agony in the bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain.' Is that not what you're thinking right now, sister?"

"On the contrary, Nik, I am simply enjoying my brekkie, waiting for Elijah's healthy return," Rebekah smiles.

"Oh, come on, Rebekah. You've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it!"

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth."

"Poppycock! I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger."

Rebekah smirks as she stands up from her seat. "There is something fundamentally wrong with you." She grabs a beignet from the plate before exiting the room.

"You don't think there's something wrong with me, do you, my favorite witch?"

Davina looks up from her food and raises an eyebrow at Klaus. "You have your days."

———————————————————————————————————

Davina walks into the hallway and sees Camille angrily storm from the living room. She glances over at Klaus and sighs. "You just love to piss everyone off, don't you?"

"Seeing as though you're the only one who can tolerate me at the moment, care to join me for an errand?"

"Um, depends on what that errand is," Davina says slowly.

"I'm going to take a visit to my dear friend, Joshua. I think you two would get along well," Klaus smirks.

"Right...well, wait a minute. I'm gonna make sure you didn't upset Cami too much," Davina replies before going after Camille. She finds her not too far away from the house. "Cami, hey."

"Oh, hello, Davina," Camille greets with a smile. Davina inwardly rolls her eyes, realizing that Klaus compels her to forget everything once she leaves the house.

"I just saw you walking by and realized we haven't talked in a while. How are you?"

"I'm good. Great, actually. Although, I found this in my pocket," she murmurs and pulls out a piece of paper. "I had a twin brother, Sean. He passed away, but him and I always used to draw these lines as a code. I don't remember drawing it, and I can't seem to figure it out. It's bothering me."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out," Davina assures her, not wanting Klaus to make things worse for the blonde. "Hey, I've got to meet up with someone, but I'll see you around, okay?"