~fourteen~

Davina's trying her best to sleep, but it was pretty hard considering that there was construction going on just a few feet away from her. She sighs and gets out of bed before going downstairs, only to see Klaus already yelling at them.

"Enough with all the racket!"

"Is there a problem, brother," Elijah questions as he raises a hand to quiet his workers. "Gentlemen, please."

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a blood three-ring circus," Klaus growls.

"Marcel and his minions abused our homes for the better part of a century. Now, you may be content to live in squalor. I'm not."

"Excuse me, Elijah, sir," Davina speaks up in a sarcastic tone. "Some people are actually trying to sleep."

"My apologies, Davina, but this cannot wait. This place is a wreck," Elijah muses.

"Whatever," she grumbles and leans against the wall.

"I agree with Elijah," Genevieve states. "It's a new era in the French Quarter, and this place definitely needs a makeover."

"Careful, Elijah," Klaus warns him condescendingly. "When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something."

"Actually, I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now, with the new peace, I'd like that to change."

"Am I to assume you have a certain feast day in mind?"

"La Fête des Bénédictions. Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society."

"So, your coven attempted to destroy my family—and you, yourself, held my siblings in unspeakable torment—and you would like a party for the witches?"

"I've made my amends with your brother. Why don't you think it over?"

Davina scoffs at this before muttering, "Gross." Genevieve shoots a quick glare at her before leaving the compound.

"Oh, don't be such a stiff, Elijah. The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of faith toward a one-time enemy?"

"I, for one, think it would be a grand idea," Davina murmurs with a sly grin. "Might as well throw this feast day to maintain alliances with the Quarter witches, and besides, what harm could it do?"

———————————————————————————————————

Davina's sitting at the bar in Rousseau's, practically playing with her food. She sees Camille walk in and offers her a small smile. "Hey."

"Oh, hey, Davina. Nice french fry tower," Camille remarks.

"Thanks. So, um, I've been meaning to ask...how's your uncle? I know about the hex thing," she says, giving her an empathetic look.

"Well, he's not getting any better. Pretty sure it's just going to get worse," Camille sighs. "Klaus came by earlier and told me that there might be someone who could help him. The tall redhead with an axe to grind."

"Weren't those the witches who put the hex on him in the first place? Why would she want to help?"

"That's what I want to know. Sadly, there's no other option, unless you had any ideas of how to help him..."

"Unfortunately, if a hex like the one those witches cast on him has set in completely, there's really nothing to do that can reverse it," Davina tells her. "Hexes like the one that cursed your uncle begin with magic, but after a while, it alters the chemistry of the brain. I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do..."