~four~

Davina was currently sitting atop of a counter in the kitchen of the house, feeling utterly bored. Klaus had kidnapped Sophie Devereaux because he wanted the chance to yell at her.

"We had a deal! You protect my unborn child while I dismantle Marcel's army! And whilst I've been fulfilling my end of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches!"

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die," Sophie frantically reminds him.

"So, that begs the question," Davina sighs. "Who were they?"

"They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby," Sophie explains.

"What kind of vision?"

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?"

"Pretty much that this baby would bring death of all witches."

"Ah, well, I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus remarks.

Davina rolls her eyes and throws a glass bottle in his direction. "Ass." She slides off the counter and turns to Sophie. "How extreme is this faction? Because, uh, Rebekah told me she made a promise to Elijah that she'd protect the Mikaelson miracle baby while he tries to win Anastasia's loyalty."

Sophie's eyebrows shoot up in surprise at this information. "Elijah's talking to Anastasia?"

"According to what Rebekah told me." She glances at the clock hanging on the wall. "Probably at this very moment."

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd," Sophie remarks, causing Klaus to look at her, intrigued.

"Do tell."

"I...wasn't always an advocate for the witches. My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel...and play. But, I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's. Unfortunately, my sister had informed me that the Elders had called a vote to move forward with the Harvest."

Davina frowns at this while Klaus looks bewildered. "What the bloody hell is a Harvest and why haven't I heard of it before?"

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that our bond to ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep ancestral magic flowing," Sophie says. "The Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story passed on through generations, kind of like Noah's Ark, or Buddha walking on water. The kind some people take literally, and some people don't."

"Perks to not living in New Orleans as a witch," Davina comments. "No Harvest, no ancestors. Let me guess—you didn't believe in the Harvest, and that resulted in somebody else taking your place? Anastasia, perhaps? Although, she didn't die, thanks to Marcel, and now, all that power is going to blow her to shreds."

Klaus' phone suddenly rings, so he rolls his eyes before answering it. "Marcel. Bit early in the day for you, isn't it? ...Rather you than me. All that responsibility sounds like a bore...dead witches in the bayou? Sounds like less of a problem, and more of a cause for celebration...oh, why not? Haven't been to the bayou in ages. I'm on my way." Once Klaus hangs up, Sophie looks at him in concern.

"You can't go out there now. I need to gather the witches' remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we lose the link to their magic."