Breakdown

(A/N): This oneshot is a bit random/weird and kinda sad. And I didn't even know what I was doing with the title! DX

L's Pov

Why is this happening...?

What did (Y/N) do to deserve this...?
What did I do to deserve this...?

The situation did not plan out the way I expected it to. (Y/N) and I were on an undercover mission to catch a murderer last night.
When we eventually found him and his gang...it was too late...
They knew that (Y/N) and I were investigators and came after us. I did my best to stop them and make sure (Y/N) was safe, but nothing seemed to go to plan.

They saw through all my predictions...
They were almost as clever as Kira...

One of the men were able to graze (Y/N)'s leg with a bullet and a woman managed to graze my arm with a knife.
Because of this, they managed to trap (Y/N) and I in this dark room.

I failed again...
I couldn't protect (Y/N)...and I couldn't catch a bunch of criminals...

What can I do, honestly...?
I can't believe I let this happen...

I look up to see (Y/N) across from me. She was sitting down on the floor with her legs crossed, looking at the ground. Her (H/C) hair covering her face.
I couldn't tell how she was feeling. But the chances are, she's probably terrified!
Her wrists were chained up and the chains were attached to the wall behind her, so she couldn't move forward.

I was also tied up like (Y/N). I was unable to move my arms.

It had been silent for the whole day. Neither of us had said anything and neither of us had moved either.

It was then I tried to break the silence...

"(Y/N)? Are you okay? I know this is hard for you but-"

"Is that supposed to be funny?" She cut me off. "Of course I'm not gonna be okay after being nearly killed and thrown into this hell home where I can't even move freely, with no food or water."

"I understand..." I reply. "I'm sorry I let this happen...This is all my fault..."

I look down to the ground in shame.

"Yes...yes it is..." (Y/N) said quietly.

I look up to her in surprise at her comment. She then looks up to me with anger spread all over her face.

"How the hell could you let you let this happen to us?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART! YOU NEARLY GOT US KILLED!! YOU'RE USELESS!!"

(Y/N) yelled straight at me and tried to lunge at me, but the chains pull her back. She then looks to the ground, huffing and puffing. I also notice tears falling from her face.

I was quite frightened by (Y/N)'s words. This isn't like her at all. She's never said anything like this to me before! She...She loves me...!

I notice my hands start to shake slightly as I try to pull myself together.

"(Y/N)...I really am sorry..."

"Yeah, well sorry ain't gonna do anything!" She snapped back, still looking at the ground.

I reach my hand out to (Y/N), even though it was pointless. She was too far away to reach it, and she doesn't seem to care anymore so she didn't even try to reach for it. This really has gotten to her.

I feel my body start to shake as I feel my eyes get watery. I couldn't believe (Y/N) was acting like this.
The beautiful, young, polite and enthusiastic girl I know and love...what happened to her...?