Switch

A/n: was gonna post something else today but I ended up writing this cheesy world swap oneshot bc I actually kinda like them.

Head canon: none.

"What on earth do we do?" Matsuda asked, looking at the screen of the computer.

"I have no idea" Aizawa replied.

"L ARE YOU GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT A GIRL JUST APPEARED IN HQ OUT OF THIN AIR, SLEPT ON THE FLOOR SO WE MOVED HER TO A BEDROOM AND NOW SHES JUST DANCING TO ABBA LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED?!" Light exclaimed.

L starred at tee monitor, confused as hell. Who was this dancing girl, how did she get here and how is she so chill about waking up in an unfamiliar place? Never in his life had be been more confused.

"I'll talk to her" he said, getting up and making his way up to the room you were in.

The song ended just as he walked in.

You turned to the sound of the door opening and your entire world just blew up around you. You both stared at each other for a moment before you started to freak out.

"FUCK YES! OF ALL THE PLACES I ENDED UP HERE!" You exclaimed.

L just starred at you like you were insane.

"WOW do I have a lot to say to you!" You said.

"Ok, first, who the hell are you?" He said.

"Oh I'm- not going to share my real name because you know Kira. But I guess you can call me... Ariel" you said.

"Ok, understandable since Kiras on the loose, how did you end up here?"

"Absolutely no fucking idea. The only thing I remember is passing out and it seems I've landed in a situation similar to fan fiction"

"Huh? Ok um... what do you mean by 'here of all places"

"I know it'd sound insane, and it'd take a lot of explaining but... it's probably best I do it somewhere no cameras watch us" you said.

"How in the world do you know about the cameras?"

"I know everything about this world, especially you Ryuzaki... or should I say..."

You walked over to him and pulled on his arm, pulling him in closer to whisper in his ear.

"L Lawliet" you whispered.

He looked down at you, terrified.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you. In fact, I want to help you, but I'd have to explain it all away from the cameras" you said.

L sighed and agreed to listen to you, away from the cameras.

After an hour of explaining everything to L, and providing him with proof you were serious by telling him about his childhood, he decided you would be VERY beneficial to the case since you knew all of Lights actions before they even happened.

"Ok, so Light has hidden the Death Note in some Forrest and the other one is with higuchi?" He said.

"Yes, and you absolutely MUST stay away from Rem and be VERY careful with Misa, the two of them will kill you the second you get your hands on those Death Notes, and I don't want you dead" you replied.

"Ok... I think we can work around this. But under no circumstances will you ever say my name"

"I wouldn't dream of it"

"Come on, you better explain to the taskforce what happened. You have s cover up?"

"Yep, don't even worry about it"

You both got up and made your way down stairs.

"By the way, what was with the dancing?" L asked.

"I got bored"

"Reasonable"

You entered the monitor room where everyone else was waiting for an explanation.

"Right ok, this is Ariel, we've figured everything out" L said.

"Hey Hey my dudes" you added.

"What's happened?" Matsuda asked.

"Yeah about that. Sorry about randomly appearing on your floor but I had to get out of that Kira riot somehow"

"Woah what?"

"Ok, so I was just walking home, minding my own business buuutt... some Kira riot was happing by the shopping centre and they just wouldn't let me pass because if you haven't noticed I have an L on my hoodie. They threw around some death threats and I just booked it and ended up climbing over your balcony using the fence, sorry about that" you lied.

It was a stretch but surprisingly they believed it, but Light looked skeptical.

"Wow, never thought the riots got that bad" Matsuda said.

"I'm going to keep her here for a little bit since she got all those death threats, turns out she runs a Kira investigation blog so maybe she could help out" L added to the story.

The taskforce began to come up and introduce themselves, shaking your hand. Then you got to Light.

"I'm Light"

"Nice to meet you"

She shook your hand and glared at you.

"You weren't part of a riot..." he said under his breath.

"And you're not innocent, Kira" you replied, harshly gripping onto his hand as a waring.

The contact broke, you already knew Light didn't like you, but that's ok because you don't like him.

"You try anything to hurt L and I'll shove a knife in your throat" you said under your breath.

You went back over to L, as the others started to heft back to work.

"L" you said under your breath.

"Yes?"

"Stay away from Light. I'll make sure she doesn't fucking touch you"