Jump scare

A/n: thnx for all the drawing suggestions, I'll DEFS be drawing them 😏

Head canon: you're a gaming YouTuber and one day you streamed a horror game that your fans can interact with, L decided to ditch work and play with you while watching the stream, that's how taskforce found out he had a crush.

If he had his headphones in no one would know he's not actually doing work, he's playing a horror game with his favourite youtuber.

You started a stream playing a game that allowed your fans to play too, L was watching your stream on one screen and playing the game on the other. And boy was he creeped out. This game was freaky, the music was eerie, the atmosphere was dark and every so often you could hear the noises of the monsters in the background, the goal was to get the whole team to safety.

You were the team leader, and the first 20 people to join the game were your team mates. L being one of them. He was so happy that you'd finally noticed him since he was in your team, but he was too anxious to jump around in excitement.

The taskforce thought he was working since his screens were facing away from them and he was silent and concentrating on the game.

"Everyone still alive?" You asked over the stream.

The chat filled with 'yes'.

"Ok before we make a break for the checkpoint I wanna hand out some supplies. Memelord06 you take the axe, animenerd69 you take the med kit, DO NOT LOSE IT. And... Eyebags31, you take the gun"

Your game avatar handed L's a gun, he now has an inventory consisting of a gun, food and a grenade. That should be good to get to the check point, if worst came to worst, he's make sure you get to check point and he can sacrifice himself.

"Ready? Stay close. Everyone on stream, tell us if we miss anything ok?" You said.

The team slowly began to creep through the wastelands, all was going well until you spotted something.

"WOAH WOAH STOP. What the fuck is that..." you exclaimed.

The team stopped and you zoomed in on a creepy looking monster a few meters away.

"Eyebags, take him out"

L moved his character to the front of the teams and aimed the gun at the creature, taking it out in a headshot.

"Good job Eyebags, lets keep going"

He smiled to himself, he liked it when you praised him. He kept the gun up and ready to shoot any monsters. Out of nowhere one popped up behind the team.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK RUN" you screamed, the ram scattering.

The sound of a few team members dying could be heard, but you and L had made it out alive with a few others.

"Shit, that took half the damn team. We can still pass this level as long as no one else dies" you said.

L's heart was racing, the music has dropped out, it was dead silent, the guy with the flashlight had been killed and you were still really far away from the checkpoint. It was terrifying.

"I can't see shit... anyone have a flashlight?" You asked.

The chat filled with 'no's'.

"Damn, ok, stay close. Eyebags, keep the gun up"

L cocked the gun, scanning for monsters like a madman. You were getting closer and closer to checkpoint, you could see it in the distance.

But out of nowhere a monster jumped out from the darkness and flung itself at the team, screeching so loud L's headphones were ringing.

"AHHHH! SON OF A BITCH" he yelled, watching the team die from the monster and hearing you scream at the jumpscare.

Taskforce looked at him in confusion as he stared at the 'You died' screen taking deep breaths to compose himself after the fright of his life.

"Holy shit... that fucking scared me..." he said.

"What the hell was that?" Aizawa asked.

"I just got jump scared, holy hell that monster came out of nowhere"

"Jump scared? You're nor working?" Matsuda asked.

"My documents crashed and I thought I'd do something while I waited for them to be restored" L lied.

"What are you doing?"

"Playing a horror game with a youtuber who's streaming"

"A youtuber? Who?"

"You know (your/username)?"

"No, who are they?" Matsuda asked.

"Oh, she's a gaming youtuber that plays horror games and visual novels, he's hilarious and really pretty actually... I've been watching her for years now" L explained.

That when Misa decided to join in.

"Pretty Huh?" She said.

Oops, he said that part out loud?

"Y-Yeah? She's attractive so what?"

"You NEVER compliment people like that..."

"Can I not think someone is cute?"

Suddenly there was a noise from his computer.

"Eyebags? Eyebags you there?"

He turned to the computer to see when he jumped back during the scare he's accidentally pulled the headphones out. He typed back in chat.

'I dropped out for a sec sorry'

"Oh ok, ready to try again?"

Misa ran over at the sound of your voice to come look at the person who L claimed was so pretty. She looked over L's shoulder at the stream, looking at your face cam.

"Woah... she is pretty" she said.

"Alright, too make things easier. I'm going to try and turn on voice chat for you guys" you said.

L almost had a heart attack. HE COULD ACTUALLY TALK TO YOU NOW.

"Ok... can you guys talk?"

A little green dot popped up in the corner of L's screen.

"Loud and clear" another player said.

"Everyone here?" Another added.

L slammed the button to his microphone and pulled it closer.

"I'm here" he said.

"Cool, everyone's ready?" You replied.

L was melting in he's chair, you were actually talking to him. Misa smirked... she had an idea, she grabbed L's mic, making him try and reach for it.

"Hey (y/n)!" She said.

"Misa!"

"Yeah?" You replied, realising someone had grabbed the mic that Eyebags was connected too.

"Eyebags thinks you're cute"

"MISA!" L exclaimed, snatching the mic off her.

He heard you laugh over the speakers.

"Thanks Eyebags!" You giggled.

L didn't know if he wanted to thank or kill Misa right now.