Trip

A/n: for those who wanted more information on the alleged new DN oneshot. Idk where the article is, I've been getting this all off Twitter and Instagram sorry 😅

As everyone had gone to work on the case, you decided you needed to make yourself some coffee to wake up before you started work. You were so tried and half asleep. You began to make your coffee as normal, filling your thermos with the hot drink and taking a sip. You began to make your way back to the main room when your too tired to function mind stepped funny, on the side of your foot making you tumble backwards and fall against the cupboards. You hit your head against one of the doors and as you did the cupboards moved, knocking all the glasses onto the floor around you.

They shattered into hundreds of tiny shards and you fell to the floor, and that's when you felt a sharp pain in your hand.

"SON OF A BITCH!" You screamed, jerking your hand back to find a big shard of glass stuck in it, blood already pouring out.

The bang, shatter and your yell alerted the taskforce who all ran in to see what happened.

"oh mY GOD THATS BLOOD, HOLD ON I'LL GET TISSUES!" Matsuda exclaimed upon seeing the blood dripping off your hand and running off to get some tissues.

"What happened?" Aizawa asked.

"I stepped weirdly and fell back into the cupboards..." you replied, rubbing the back of your head where you hit it.

You looked up, and to your surprise, the one at your side the fastest... was L.

He grabbed your hand and took a look at the glass stuck in it.

"Ok, that has so come out, this night hurt"

Before you could protest, he pulled the glass out of your hand pain shot through your body.

"AH FUCK!" You yelled in pain.

He pulled you to your feet and guided you around all the glass to the safety of the glass free floor.

"Sorry about all the damage" you said, feeling kind of bad about the whole thing.

"You didn't break anything on purpose it's fine"

Matsuda came back with a first aid kit and tissues that you used to stop the bleeding. The taskforce were kind enough to clean up all the glass as you got your hand to stop gushing blood by L.

"I don't know how you manage these things (y/n)" he sighs.

"I guess I'm just prone to injury" you laughed.

You suddenly felt a sting in you hand.

"OW WHAT THE-"

"It's just disinfect calm down" L said.

You watched as he treated your hand, resulting in many bloodied tissues. He tried to cover the whole cut with a bandaid but it was too big, so he wrapped some gauze and a bandage around your hand instead.

"Keep this on for the day, switch it out tonight and make sure it stops bleeding" he said, tying off the bandage.

"Ok, thank you" you replied.

"Now are you gonna be a child and ask for a lollipop?" He joked.

"Um yes! I've been a brave girl through a traumatic event!"

He laughed and grabbed a lollipop from the jar on the bench and gave it to you. You happily popped it in your mouth and enjoyed the sugary treat.

"How's your head?" He asked.

"Ok, it was just a bump and the initial pain"

"You sure?"

"I'm sure"

"Ok, well if you start to feel sick or sore, tell me. We don't need you getting a concussion"

You gave him a smile.

"You took to action quick" you smirked.

"W-well I didn't want you in pain or anything"

"I've never seen you so protective"

"W-would you rather be in pain?" He stammered, going red.

"Guess not" you giggled.

Oh yeah, you were right all along.

He definitely had a crush on you.