Spare them part 2

A/n: it's a long one bois. 5000 words!

The blonde took a deep breath, she was going to do it.

Put an end to this whole mess, seeing you and L had pulled her back down to reality. She was going to be the one to end everything. As much as it hurt her to betray Light, she had to do it.

"L..."

The detective turned to see the Misa behind him, looking at the ground and holding something behind her back.

"I know everything that's happened was wrong... and I know I'll probably be sentenced to death for this... but-"

She held out her arms to him, revealing a black book with unintelligible writing on it.

"Just protect (y/n) for me when I'm in prison..." she said, her voice breaking.

L looked at the book for a moment, processing what was going on. He took it from her and opened the first page.

Death note.

1 - the human whose name is written in this note shall die

He suddenly made the connection. The second Kira mentioned a book in their messages.

Death Note. That was the weapon.

And of Misa was the second Kira like he though, then that meant...

He looked up, and just as he thought, there was a tall bone like creature behind Misa. A Shinigami.

He was right all along.

"You're confessing? Even though Light would have you dead for it?" L questioned.

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"I can't kill you... I can't. Light told me I had to kill you and (y/n) at the right time, one by one. But I can't! If (y/n) died... you'd be destroyed and I can't bare to see that. Even though you detained me, even though we get on each other's nerves, I do have some respect for you. You're the worlds greatest detective after all. You can't loose (y/n), I know exactly what you'd be going through. After my parents were killed my whole life descended into darkness, I can tell you've already been through that and (y/n) is what pulled you out of that. I know exactly what you'd feed... and I can't bare to see that"

L just starred at her in shock and confusion. She actually cared about your relationship? He would never have guessed with how obsessed she was with Kira and Light. She went as far as to kill people for Light and seeing someone who'd been through the same thing as her was what made her break.

"I'm so sorry..." she sobbed.

That's another thing L was confused by. Remorse.

Almost every single criminal he'd ever seen shows zero remorse for their crimes, but Misa was standing in front of him, a killer, in tears about what she's done. He looked up at the Shinigami, wanting it to explain what the heck was happening.

"Us Shinigami saw what happened to you L" the Shinigami said.

"You did?" He questioned.

"We did, and once Misa found out she had a wake up call. As long as you can get her out of this alive, everyone involved will be spared"

So, all he had to do was make sure Misa didn't get a death sentence, instead just prison time. That should be easy enough, especially if Light was pulling her strings all along. The girl gave L a sympathetic look and I'm a moment of guilt wrapped her arms around him.

L just froze up, not expecting the hug.

"I'm so sorry... please just keep (y/n) safe..." she cried.