Mural part 2

A/n: kinda mad bc I've had to move my tattoo date ahehisndidnwoue. Might update that later.

Bright and early you were hanging off the side of the building to continue painting, but today you had a a helper.

Ryuga, top student was hanging next to you with a paintbrush and bucket of blue paint. You were painting by a set of windows again. The classroom was empty though, no classes to chat to today. That was fine thought because you had Ryuga.

"Hey, what exactly is this mural anyway? I can kind of make out the outlines but without colour it's kind of hard" He asked.

"Oh, here"

You reached over onto the scaffolding and opened your file to where the design was. A demon and angel in a yin and yan pose.

"Oh wow, now I see it"

"Yeah the staff wanted something that reflects a major change in the world so I based it off L and Kira's fight. Since you know, good vs evil, the whole world is in fear. Seems like a pretty big change to me" you explained.

Unbeknownst to you, his cheeks went red at the mention of the name you didn't know he went by.

"Who's who?" He asked.

"Kira's the demon obviously. He's pure evil. L is the angel but since no one on the face of the earth knows what either of them look like, I just have them video game MC hair" you replied.

Even though he's only officially spoken to you very recently, that hadn't stopped him from forming a crush beforehand so when he heard you unknowingly call him an angel, he felt his heart skip a beat.

"Of course I can't say who's who to the staff since one, art is subjective and two, different students have different opinions so I'm not allowed to. But the angel will always be L, I'm 50 years when people have to do analysis's on this painting I'll reveal it then. Not now, now while Kira is still at large" you added.

"It's definitely better to be safe that way" he replied, dipping the paintbrush into the blue.

Now that he knew what this painting was, and that it was literally referencing him, he wanted to put that extra amount of care into it, making sure he didn't accidentally screw up the painting you were doing in his name.

The music from the theatre class upstairs was beginning fill the air as the students practiced their musical lines. The plant development class on the ground level had come outside to tend to the garden and the library was beginning to fill up with studying students as the day progressed. Now the classes were in full swing and people were beginning to fill the building you were painting. Occasionally people would pop their heads out of windows to watch you paint, so this wasn't an uncommon thing to see in your day.

"Do people always look out the windows to watch you?" Ryuga asked.

"Yeah, you get used to it" you replied.

You looked down at your watch, seeing it was now lunch.

"Ok let's take a break to eat"

You put your brushes in the bucket of water to soak and put the lids back on the paint. You scaled back up to the rooftop and unbuckled from the harnesses, making your way downstairs.

"So what cafe you wanna go to?" You asked.

He thought for a moment, scanning his brain for all the cafes on campus.

"Uhhh, the one in the engineering wing is pretty good" he replied.

"Sounds good"

Since campus was so big, you used your bike to get around. Even though it was a a single seater, you had  dingy bars on the back for others to stand on.