Fallen

Au: fallen angel! L.

It was cold today, really cold. You'd left the house wearing two jumpers to go to work and by the end of the day you were so exited it was finally holidays and you could stay inside in the warm for the next week weeks. But your plans to watch TV all holidays were ditched when you were walking home.

You turned into your street and you could see what looked like a bundle of feathers a few houses down, confused, you walked up to it. The closer you got the bigger the feathers looked and soon you saw what it actually was.

A person... or more, a winged person.

A boy, wearing white, with black hair a pale skin was laying passes out on the foot path, covered in bruises and cuts. He was breathing but not responsive. The catch, he has white feathered wings with burns on them. One of his wings had a hole right through it, the feathers at the bottom has turned a little black and he seemed very hurt. You knelt down to get a closer look and gently wrapped your arms around him, pulling him off the ground and turning him from his side to his back.

"Oh my god..." you mumbled, seeing all the cuts and bruises up close.

He wasn't just some old angel. He was a fallen angel, one that's been forcibly kicked out of the heavens. You'd only ever heard about this stuff in stories, you'd never have guessed angels were a real thing. His white wings were dirtied, burnt and bloodied. His white shirt was torn, stained and charred. You didn't know what happened to him, or how exactly he ended up on the human world instead of some other realm, but you did know one thing: you had to help him. He had a literal hole in his wing for crying out loud, he must be in so much pain.

You picked him up, being careful of his wings and carried him into your house where you laid him down on your bed, instantly getting to work on trying to patch him up.

You cut his burnt shirt off, tossing it aside and gently washed all the blood off, then moving to his cheeks and legs, getting as much off as you could. You put disinfectant and bandaids in each cut, one over his knee, a few on his chest and sides, one on his neck and one on his cheek. You banged up the gash on his arm and then you had to tackle his wings.

You started by cleaning off as much ash and blood as you could, but you couldn't really put bandaids on feathers...

So when it came to the hole in his left wing, you found an old sheet and cut it up, wrapping it around the wing to hide the hole through it. You couldn't exactly give him a painkiller while he was still unconscious so you called it a job done as best as you could and packed everything up, pulling the blankets over him and letting him rest.

Hopefully he wouldn't freak out when he woke up. You did have some cloud decorations above your bed, isn't that what it's like up in heaven? Maybe he'd see them and not instantly freak about about being some place else. As he slept, you hit the internet to try and research.

The only thing you could ever find of angels coming to the human realm was to take lost souls to the afterlife. You tried to look for information on fallen angels but found nothing about the coming to earth, usually they're kicked to the underworld. This was odd, what had he done to not only be kicked out of heaven, but to the human world too?

About 3 or so hours later, you began to hear his stirring in the other room, so you went to go check on him. When you reached the doorway, you found him sitting up, looking down at the bandaids over his cuts and burns, his burnt shirt on the floor and the makeshift bandage around his wing. He seemed very confused, like he was expecting to be in the underworld. He definitely wasn't expecting to end up in a girls bedroom.

"Hey" You said, gently as you entered the room.

He jumped and looked over at you, as you approached he backed away.