Fallen part 2

It had been a month of living with the fallen angel that was kicked from heaven. His wounds has healed nicely but the hole in his wing was still needed a little while longer. Turns out angels don't actually know much about the human realm as they only ever come down here to take souls to the afterlife. So L was very intrigued with human technology. Apparently it's kind of old-timey up in heaven.

He was fascinated by the TV, wondering how it worked. He was confused about how phones worked for a while and even something as simple as an electric kettle amazed him.

Other than his cute fascination with every little thing, you'd also found a way to make shirts to fit his wings. You basically bought a bunch of pain shirts, cut down the back and added curves for the wings to be exposed and hemmed it, adding a zip so it would zip up at the back. Speaking of his wings, they seemed to have a mind of their own sometimes, they were always moving. Weather it was just a gentle flutter every few minutes or the uncontrollable urge to stretch them out, they always seemed to be moving. He claimed it was because he hadn't been flying in so long and his wings needed to be active and stretched out after so long.

Today he wanted to try flying again, only a bit of gliding as his wings were still healing, and big movements would hurt him.

There was a catch. No one could know an angel had fallen to earth, there's no telling what would happen. Scientists wanting to poke at him with their tools, people trying to hunt him for his wings, lunatics trying to kill him, it was all too dangerous. So not only is he stuck in your house no one sees him, he's unable to fly around without someone seeing.

But you did find a loophole.

If you parked your car in the garage, and didn't open the garage door until he was inside the car, with the tinted windows rolled up, you could drive him undetected to an empty place for him to fly. So that's what you did. It was a bit of an awkward position for him to be in, his wings taking up most of the back seat and all, but he was happy he'd finally be able to fly again.

You'd driven out to a large empty field by a nature reserve that no one but park rangers were allowed at. And on a weekend no one would be working. Sure you may be trespassing, but the field is so wide it's almost impossible to tell when someone has been there, and you weren't hurting anything or anyone. You pulled up on the gravel and got out of the car, opening L's door and helping him get out without hurting his wings.

He looked around, seeing no one for miles.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Positive, no one ever comes here" you replied.

There was a gentle summer breeze, making the feathers on his wings dance along with the wind.

"I'm kind of worried... I hope I'm actually still able to fly" he said.

"I'm sure you will, the hole has almost completely healed hasn't it? You probably won't have any aerodynamic problems" you replied, following him to a more open place in the field.

He looked around, no trees he'd bump into, no dangerous landing areas, no heavy winds. Perfect conditions. He turned to you and suddenly turned shy.

"C-can I hold your hands? For safety?" He asked.

"U-uh... sure" you stammered, holding out your hands for him to grab.

He gently took your hands in his and stretched out his wings. His wings really were gorgeous, they were big, so soft and gentle looking, such a pretty blend of colours...

He didn't seem to be in any pain, which was good. He began to gently flutter his wings, testing the waters for any pain. Luckily, the movements didn't seem to be harming him. The movements got stronger and his feet started to be lifted off the ground.

"Does it hurt?" You asked, the wind created from his wings blowing your hair back.

"No, they feel alright actually... the must just be when I knock them or have them in a strange position" he replied.

"You think you can get higher?"

"I think so..."

His hands gently slipped out of yours as he got higher, able to keep his balance despite the wound on his left wing. Then in one powerful movement he shot up into the air. You watched in awe as he did flips in midair, glided on the wind and twirled about among the treetops. Seems his wounds have healed really well, he can do all this with no pain and no problems.

It must be amazing to fly...

He gently came to land in front of you, folding his wings back in.

"That looks so much fun... you're not in any pain?" You said.

"I feel fine, I guess they healed up quicker than I thought they would" he replied, looking back at his wings.

He pulled the makeshift bandage off to see how much the would has healed. Apart from some scarring and redness, he seemed to be completely fine.

"That's good, it looks like it's healed pretty nicely"

He turned back to you and took a few steps closer, shyly rubbing his arm.

"Thank you... for patching me up. And letting me stay and everything else..." he blushed.

"It was the least I could do. You were hurt, I wasn't going to just leave you there" you replied.

"You know... you're way kinder than any angel I've ever met... if anything, you're the true angel here..."

You felt your cheeks go red at his words.

"T-thank you" you stammered.

He held out his hands for you. You looked down at them, then up at him, tilting your head in confusion.

"I promise I won't drop you..."

He was strong enough to take you flying? It wouldn't obscure his balance? Well, he was an angel, unfairly kicked out of heaven, if you could trust anyone, you could trust an angel.

You hesitantly took his hands and he pulled you close to his body, wrapping his arms around your waist tightly.

"Hold on"

You wrapped your arms around his shoulders as tight as you could and felt adrenaline start to rush through your veins. You felt the movement of his wings picking you up off the ground, your feet losing contact with the ground beneath you. You closed your eyes, burying your face into his chest in fear. You felt the wind rush past you, pushing your hair about and making your clothes flow along with the wind currents.

"You won't be able to see the view of you keep your eyes closed" he giggled.

You worked up the courage to open your eyes, and when your vision cleared, you found yourself above the clouds. You'd never seen a sight so beautiful before.

The setting sun made the clouds look a pale orange-pink, the ground below looking golden under the rays of the sunset. You watched the scenery go by in awe, wishing you could live in the clouds with L forever.

Trusting him to hold onto you, you let go of his shoulders with one arm and outstretched it to dip your fingers in the clouds, watching as the fluffy looking fog brushed away like a cloud of powder at your fingertips. It felt damp, clouds being made from moisture and all, but surprisingly it felt kind of nice. L smiled down at you, glad you were enjoying the experience of flying and finding your excitement adorable.

You looked back around and came to land beside your car, your feet gently touching the ground again.

"That was amazing! You get to do that whenever you like? That's so cool! I wish I could fly, that was the best experience of my life!" You exclaimed, jumping about excitedly.

L just watched you fan girl with a smile, thinking it was adorable. That was the moment he knew an angel had committed a sin... and fallen in love either a human.