Spooks part 2

He didn't really understand why you were being so nice to him, a ghost. But you were offering a chance he may never get again.

His cold dead hand held your warm one as you dragged him along like a helium balloon. He didn't have to walk, he could float. You were both looking for someone.

You looked up all the members of the Kira task force. two of them left the country to start a new life, one died during the case, of course you didn't want to disturb the Yagami family after what happened with their son. But there was one rather diligent police officer that worked on the case and of now a police chief.

You found out where he worked and when he worked.

All you had to do was talk to him.

"Matsuda"

The man froze at the sound of his name and turned to face you. He gave you a confused look, he didn't know you, and you knew his name.

He'd never seen the girl in blue that stood before him.

"Can I help you?" He questioned.

"I just have a message to pass on"

He was intrigued.

"What is it?"

"L says sorry"

You looked up at L, who Matsuda couldn't see as he floated beside you.

"Hold on... you have relation with L? You... you knew he's-"

"I know. He's haunting me. I know it sounds insane, but he's right next to me. I'm sure you've heard that the taskforce HQ got turned into an apartment complex. Well, I moved in there, on the floor where L died, he's been following me around for a while now. I figured how to talk to him and he gave me one thing to do. Say sorry to everyone who's lives were put a steak by the case, so in behalf of L, sorry Matsuda, for everything the Kira case has done to you" you said.

Matsuda gave you a confused look. If he'd never worked on the Kira casa he'd call you crazy, but he's seen Shinigami face to face, he had no doubt that L was haunting you. He trusted what you were saying, no one but the taskforce, and L's successors knew L was dead. And somehow, you knew.

"So... you're telling me he's beside you right now? How come you can see him and I can't?" He asked.

"If you take a photo of him you'll be able to. Actually, if you film him, even for a second, you'll be able to see and hear him"

You watched him pull out his phone and point it at you, knowing L was beside you. When he put it down, he jumped a little upon seeming the detective floating in mid air, see through and looking the exact same way he died.

"Oh my god..." he said.

"Being stuck in taskforce for 16 years is really boring..." L said, making an attempt at small talk.

"You haven't aged a day... you look exactly the same"

"Being dead does that too you... I heard you were the one that shot Light..."

"Oh... yeah that was me..."

You decided to let them talk. You spotted a cafe on the corner and decided to get something to eat.

You went up to the display of baked goods, picking out some cupcakes and a bottle of iced tea. You paid and went back to the boys.

"(Y/n)" Matsuda said.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for letting me say sorry one last time"

You gave him a smile.