The best kind of stress

Head canon: The taskforce only found out L was engaged to you when the people at the venue called to seal the date.

L was way too stressed for words. Not only did he have to juggle Kira, the taskforce and life I'm general, he was planning his wedding that was three months away.

Everything was taken care of, you had a dress, the wedding party was made up, all guests had RSVP'ed and catering was taken care of. But the venue still had to call and fix the date. This was the last thing needed to make sure the wedding went perfectly. They were meant to call yesterday but they hadn't so he was freaking out.

It was silent in taskforce as everyone got on with their work. L's computer went off, it's connected to his phone so his computer got the call too. Since his computer was closer he raced down the hall and skidded into the room, the taskforce has never seen L so frantic before. He answered the call, completely forgetting his computer was connected to all the screens and speakers on the room.

"Hello?"

"Hello is this Ryuzaki?"

"Yeah"

"We're calling to confirm the date of the venue on July 21st?"

L felt like a whole weight had been lifted off his shoulders when he heard that. The taskforce however were wondering what the hell was going on.

"Yes, that's the date. Everything has been paid for" L said.

"Wonderful. I apologise for not calling yesterday we had to deal with another wedding booking" the lady on the phone said.

"That's ok, as long as we're confirmed"

"You're officially booked for July 21st. We'll set everything up at 5am and have doors open at 6. The bride arrives at 8 and the ceremony will go for roughly an hour. Leaving another hour in case of run over time or a paste start"

"Thank you"

"We'll talk closer to the date to double check times. Goodbye"

"Bye"

He hung up and let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god" he sighed, happy that everything was back on track.

Matsuda was the first to speak up about what the taskforce just heard.

"L you're getting married?" He asked.

"Uh Yeah? Why?"

"I never even knew you had a girlfriend!"

"Well, I try to keep her identity protected" L replied.

"Who's getting married?" Misa said, hearing all the noise from upstairs and walking down to see what was going on.

"L!" Matsuda replied.

Misa instantly got super exited.

"REALLY?! OH MY GOD SINCE WHEN?!"

"Like... almost a year ago?" L said.

"When did you propose?"

"Well..."

"WAIT- DID SHE PROPOSE TO YOU?!"

"Well actually... I'd been planning to for ages so I always had the ring on me. Turns out she was planning to as well, so she proposed first and then I pulled out my ring. It was a double proposal"

Misa rushes over and pulled up a chair, L knew he was in for an interrogation.

"Show me the ring!"

He held out his hand and pulled his sleeve down, revealing the diamond ring you'd given him.

"HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO PRETTY! Do you have any footage? Or photos?"

L knew he wasn't getting out of this one, and judging by the looks the taskforce were giving him, they wanted to know as well. He sighed and pulled up a video on his computer.

The camera was being held by one of your friends, L didn't know she was even there.

"Oh my god guys she's doing it..." she whispered as she zoomed in on you stopping in your tracks.

It was too far away to hear what you were saying but you could see everything.

You took L's hands in yours and gave him a long speech about how much you loved him and ended it by pulling out the ring and dropping to one knee. L threw his hands over he mouth in shock and stared for a moment, letting it sink in.

"Wait. Oh my god-" he laughed.

He stuffed his hand into his pocket and pulled out his ring for you.

"NO WAY" your friend gasped.

Your expression turned to a mix of shock and happiness.

"NO WAYYYY!" You laughed.

You pulled each other into a hug and laughed for a bit, whimpering 'yes' into each other's ears. When the hug broke, you slipped the rings onto each other's fingers and pulled each other in for a kiss.

"That was so fucking cute" your friend giggled and the video stopped.

"Awww that's so cute!" Matsuda cooed.

"What are the chances oh my god!" Misa said.

The video made the rest of the taskforce even more interested.

"Is everything planned?" Aizawa asked.

"Yeah, So July 21st and a few days after that I won't be at work by the way" L replied.

"That makes sense"

"Any honeymoon plans?" Misa asked.

"Not yet, we're waiting till the case is over" L replied.

"How long have you two known each other?" Mr Yagami asked.

"I met her when I was 6 and we started dating when we were 14"

"Woah so you guys are childhood sweethearts?! That's nine years of dating!" Misa exclaimed.

"Yep, I never believed in soulmates until I met her"

The taskforce seemed to notice a bit of a change in L's attitude. Usually he was cold, monotone, emotionless. But whenever he talked about you he had a genuine smile on his face and spoke in a happy tone, like he was dreaming of you as he spoke.

You must have really mattered to him.

"Look at you, all smiley and star struck" Misa laughed.

"Well when you're finally going to marry the love of your life that you've known for 18 years, you tend to get all exited and happy"