Purpose part 2

A/n: looks like I'll have to make a part 3.

Au: monster AU.

You entered taskforce in your shirt that was ever so slightly stained black from hugging the soaking night crawler. You didn't really mind that it had stained, it actually made kind of a cool splatter pattern. While it did come out a little, there was still a noticeable stain.

Ever since that hug L had been very soft toward you. No one would dare touch him without gloves, he'd just stain everything. Not to mention that he radiates a sad aura that usually depresses people. But not you, you didn't care if he stained you.

The night crawler stood in the shower, watching the water turn black as his, for lack of better words, ectoplasm, mixed with the water and swirled down the drain. Bathing was always a problem for night crawlers, they need to be clean and hygienic but their ectoplasm would always get in the way and just keep on dripping.

He had floated under the water with his head against the glass, deep in thought. He'd heard you walk into taskforce upstairs, making him a little happy.

He liked you, you were the only one to treat him like a normal person. You could actually overlook the fact he's a night crawler, and typically bad luck.

That hug... he couldn't stop thinking about it, hugging someone body to body was different to him, you felt warm, welcoming and comforting. He craved that feeling of being in your arms again but didn't want to stain another one of your shirts.

Any kind of contact with him would always result in a mess. That's just what happens when you're a night crawler.

He licks an ice cream? It'd be black where he licked it.

He held someone's hand? Their hand would turn black too.

He had someone brush his hair? The brush would turn black.

If he were to kiss someone, it'd be ok... up until it got heated, his partner would end up with black stained lips.

On top of having no purpose yet, he felt so lonely. No one would come near him because of the way he was born... not even his own parents would. That's why he held you so close to his heart, because you were willing to get a little messy.

"Hey L!"

He snapped out of his daze, looking toward the closed bathroom door.

"I've got all those reports? What should I do with them?" You said from the other side.

"Put them on my desk, I'll go through them in a bit" he replied.

He heard you walk off to go do as he said. He turned the shower off and grabbed a hair dryer.

Drying off with a towel was useless, he'd stain it.

After a while of blasting himself with warm air, he pulled on his clothes, the ends already starting to stain black.

He often wondered if there was some way to waterproof his clothes, that way, everything would just drip right off.

When he made his way back out to the main room, he saw that you were the only one there. You say at your desk and wrote out your work as the rain hit the roof of taskforce. He looked over at the clock and noticed it was very late. Oops, that shower may have taken too long.

"What are you still doing here? It's late" he asked, floating over to you.

You turned to face him, seeming to glow as you did. You moved your wings out of the way so you could see him.