Drawing

Head canon: you're an amazing artist, and one day on the train, you see someone you just have to draw.

You stared at the man sitting across from you as he swung on the handles above the seats. He was with a girl and a boy, who were both telling him to stop.

Something about that man was so beautiful. He wore the most plain clothes and looked like he hadn't brushed his hair in weeks, or slept in weeks for that matter, but he looked so... pretty.

The two with his managed to get him to stop swinging on the handles and he sat still, all curled up like it was cold or something.

You looked down at your sketchbook, now having inspiration to draw. You had to draw this beautiful man, you may never see him again, and you want to remember what he looks like.

You looked up at him, then down at your sketchbook, adding the lines in the right places to create the right shape for his jawline.

The girl noticed that you kept looking up and down in they direction, and when she saw your book, she knew you were drawing one of the boys next to her.

"Hey... guys..." she said, getting the boys attention.

They turned to face her.

"That girl with the book and scarf is drawing one of you"

"She is?" the brunette said.

"Yeah, she looks up at us, then goes back to drawing every couple of minutes"

"Who's she drawing?"

"I can't really tell, should I cop a peek?"

They nodded and the girl got up, pretending to lean on the seats to tie her shoes, but instead took a look at what was on your page. She was shocked to see what you'd drawn, she sat back down and turned to the boys.

"She's drawing L! And it's so good! Like seriously she's so talented it's so gorgeous!" She said.

"Me?" L questioned.

"Yes you! She's got you perfectly! She's shaded in your Eyebags and got the tips of your hair curling up and everything!"

"You know what they say about those kind of artists right?" Light said.

"What?"

"She draw who they find the prettiest, she thinks your cute and wants to keep a record of what you look like"

L didn't really know what to say, he saw you take a look at his shoulders and then to back to drawing. He wanted to see this picture for himself but didn't really know what to say, or how to approach you. He took a good look at you.

You were wrapped up in winter clothes to keep you warm and had (h/l) (h/c) hair, sparking (e/c) eyes and looked very soft, shy and secluded. You were actually really cute.

"Ooo look at him blush!" Misa teased, making L snap out of his daze.

"S-shut up... its not every day someone just draws you because they think you look decent"

Suddenly the train came to a sharp halt, making you slide into the side of the seat, luckily you didn't screw up your picture. You looked out the window to see if it was your stop but to your surprise, you were in the middle of a tunnel.

Suddenly there was a ding over the speakers.

"We seem to have had some troubles with the engine, we are trying to fix it, sorry for the inconvenience"

Oh well, you weren't in a rush. You got back into position and continued to draw the boy.

"Damn, looks like we aren't getting back to HQ anytime soon" Light said.

"That gives us time to make L talk to the drawing girl" Misa replied.

"What? No, I can't-"

"Yes you can, go talk to her"

"I can't..." L said, getting all shy at the thought of social interaction.

Misa sighed and got up.

"Fine, I'll talk to her then"

The girl sat down beside you.

"Hey, sorry I just count help but notice you were drawing, and holy heck to you're so good!"

You looked up to see the girl that was sitting next to you subject.

"Oh... thanks" you said.

"So, we noticed you were drawing Mr 'I'm-to-shy-to-talk-to-the-cute-girl' and just had to talk to you"

She said that looking directly at L, who just sunk in his seat of embarrassment.

You giggled at her words.

"Sorry if it's weird, I just like to draw pretty things"

She grabbed your book and held it up, to look at the drawing compared to the real thing.

"Holy heck, do you go to art school or something?" She asked.

"No, I'm self taught, I've been wanting to go to art school though. I just can't pay for it at the moment"

"Damn, you should definitely go when you can afford it. You'd get straight A's with your skill"

You took the girls compliments to heart. It wasn't often you got praise on your artwork.

"By the way, I'm Misa. That's Light and the boy you're drawing is Ryuzaki"

"I'm (y/n), thanks for all the compliments, I don't really get them often" you said, adding the last line to your picture.

You added a signature under the picture and with that, you were done.

"Can I show this to him? She's too socially awkward to talk to you" Misa said.

"G-go ahead"

She took your book and sat back next to L, who took the book and stared at the picture in awe, not believing that something that beautiful was actually him. But it definitely was, the resemblance was uncanny.

You suddenly got all shy, knowing the pretty boy you were drawing was looking at your art.

Suddenly the train started moving again, you'd be at your stop soon, it was just two stops away.

He looked up at you and you made eye contact. He smiled, letting you know that you'd done well.

"Talk to her you nerd!" Misa exclaimed, making you laugh.

He sighed and got up, knowing it was time he faced his fears of social interaction.

"Y-you're really talented" he stammered.

"T-thanks, sorry if this is weird... me drawing you and all..." you replied.

"No its... kind of flattering actually. But I have to ask, why me? Out of everyone on this train you drew me?"

"I just like to draw things I think are cute..."

He felt his heart skip a beat. You just called him cute.

"But... I'm not that cute"

"Don't say that, you're very cute"

The train came to a stop and the doors opened.

"Oh, this is our stop" he said.

You gave him a smile, taking your book back and grabbing your pencil, you scribbled something onto the page and ripped the paper out. Handing the drawing to him. His cheeks went red at the gesture.

"I guess I'll see you around" you said.

"Yeah... I'll see you around"

And with that, Light and Misa pulled him off the train. He looked down at the paper and smiled at the picture, his gaze then moved to what you'd scribbled at the bottom.

You're cute. I wanna talk more.
555-5373936
(Y/n)