Unspoken

A/n: a little short but oh whale. Have this for now.

Head canon: both you and L know you have feelings for each other, but don't really know how to get it out.

It was dark in taskforce as everyone slept. You sat on the window sill looking out at the city below you, L sat a few metered away at his computer, watching the cameras.

It was awkward around L, because you do badly wanted to keep him to yourself, and you knew he wanted you too, but neither of you could ever make words to each other apart from Kira conversation.

The only light in the room was from the window, the moon proving you with a way to see the hallways and the compute screen illuminating L. You wanted the awkward silence to end, you wanted L to be comfortable around you, and know that you loved him, but you just couldn't do it for some reason.

Maybe it was the fear of rejection, or the fear of someone finding out. A relationship with L would definitely have to be top secret. Whatever it was, something was holding you back. It was an endless game of waiting for someone to make the first move.

You knew that if you confessed he'd accept it, both of you knew you liked each other and you knew that he knew, and he knew that you knew. It was unspoken. You both know, but both of you are too scared to make the first move.

You just wanted him. That's it. You could die in peace tomorrow as long as you knew he was yours. You could wake up tomorrow and be hit by a bus, and as long as you knew he was yours, you'd be happy as the life drained from your body.

It was getting unbearable.

You'd had enough.

You stood up, turning to face L.

"L" you said.

He looked at you to show he was listening.

"I'm sick of playing these games. I'm done with waiting-" you began, walking over to him.

You stood directly in front of him and looked down at him and his confused expression.

"I'm done with waiting for one of us to make the first move, we won't get anywhere if we keep playing this game"

You forced his legs down, so he was sitting properly and sat in his lap, legs either side of him.

"Uh-"

"Shut up, I know you want this"

And with those words, you put your hands on his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. He didn't even hesitate, he knew you'd finally made the move and gone for it. His arms slipped around your waist, pulling you closer. You moved your arms to around his neck, using one hand to push him further into the kiss.

He'd instantly accepted your kiss, the both of you now in a tight embrace as all that bottled up emotion poured out into that kiss.

You broke for a moment to catch your breath, but dove right back into the kiss. The awkward tension was broken, you know both knew that the boundaries were broken.

You pulled away, looking down at him as he recollected his thoughts after what just happened.

"No more hesitation" you said.

"R-right..."

It was silent for a moment.

"So that means... I can kiss you whenever I like now?" He asked.

"Of course you dumbass. You were always allowed to. You just needed the invite"