Family reunions

A/n: to the people I saw in my comments ranting about how you don't like L... WHY ARE YOU READING A BOOK ABOUT DATING L IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIM- IM CONFUZZLED.

Hc: your parents absolutely adore L and think he's such a smol baby boy. If anyone dare hurt L, they'd have to answer to you, your mother and your father.

Today L was due to meet your family. Not just your parents, he'd already met them, but your grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles the whole family.

You had to drag him along to a family reunion. If you wanted to put a ring on L, he should at least have met your family once before a wedding took place. Of course no one would know he's actually L, to them he's just Ryuzaki. L was obviously kind of anxious about everything, he wasn't one for crowds and he was worried they wouldn't like him.

You'd told your family about his quirks and the reasons behind them beforehand and they didn't care at all, they were used to you sitting in pretzel like positions, so L curling up wasn't nearly as strange as the era of your life you sat upside down on the sofa.

So you'd put him in a jumper to fend off the cold and wrapped him in a scarf and tossed him into the car and diver down to your grandparents house where the reunion was taking place.

You approached the front door and he hid behind you, hoping everything would go ok. You knocked on the door and it was your grandma that opened it.

"(Y/n)! How have you been darling?" She said, wrapping her arms around you.

"Hey grandma, I've been good. You?" You asked.

"As good as you can be having to babysit your little cousins"

"Ah, they're old enough to walk now aren't they?"

"Walk and knock things over"

You laughed, knowing those cousins were probably causing havoc in the backyard. You turned to L and pushed him in front of you.

"Stop hiding you anxious ball off sugar! Grandma this is Ryuzaki" you said.

"U-uh... nice to meet you?" L replied, not really knowing what to say.

"Oh isn't he just adorable. It's nice to meet you too, come in" your grandma replied.

You entered the house and L immediately took your hand, not wanting to get lost in the big house. The second you entered you spotted your favourite cousin who you haven't seen in ages.

"(Y/N)!" She screeched, running over.

You jumped into a hug, having to let go of L's hand and the two of you squealed like schoolgirls.

"ITS BEEN YEARS!" You exclaimed.

"I KNOW! DUDE YOU'VE MISSED SO MUCH TEA" she replied.

"Tell me later, I bet your ass literally everyone is gonna come say hi at once"

"Bet. Is this your boyfriend I've been hearing about?"

She pointed at L, who just awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to say.

"Yeah that's him. This is Ryuzaki. Ryu, this is (c/n)" you said.

"N-Nice to meet you... you're the one I've heard about right? The one that helped (y/n) sneak out to go to the movies that one time?" L said.

"Oh my god she told you about that? Yeah that's me. You better keep that a secret, her parents still don't know" (c/n) said.

"Ok, my lips are sealed"

Yeah, even though you're an adult and have your own life and house and stuff, if your parents found out about that you'd be in for it. That's what what it's like having strict but loving parents.