110 part 1

Hc: due to the massive spike of heart attacks, L hired you, a 110 (Japanese version on 911/999/000) to take calls from taskforce and search for links to Kira.

"Congratulations sir, please wait for the ambulance to arrive and we'll be sure the baby is safe"

"Thank you so much, bye!"

You hung up the call and took a break to bring yourself back into reality.

"What was that about?" Matsuda asked, overhearing the call.

"Someone's wife started to give birth so I had to tell him how to deliver the baby" you replied.

"Woah cool! Does that happen often?"

"You'd be surprised actually, it happens at least once a fortnight"

As you waited for the next call you saw a very tired looking L walk into the room and sit down next to you, just coming back from an all-nighter going through reports on his floor probably.

"Good morning mr insomniac" you said.

"Good morning, any heart attack calls?" He asked.

"Two so far, one stolen car and I just delivered a baby over the phone"

"Kira attacks?"

"The heart attacks must be. The others are probably just chance, especially the baby, people go into labor early all the time"

L turned on his computer and bought up your call history reports, going through all the heart attack calls and trying to look for any patterns. Suddenly you got another call, so you turned to your computer and picked up.

"110, what's your emergency?" You said.

"Hello?"

It was a child...

"Hello? What's happened?"

"Mummy just fell and she's not breathing..." she girl said.

"Ok, where are you? What's your address?" You asked.

"175 river lane"

"How old are you?"

"8"

Woah, for such a young child she was surprisingly calm.

"Is anyone else home?" You asked.

"No, just me and mummy" she replied.

You radioed the address and situation to a patrol car and kept the child on the line.

"Did she act strange before she fell?"

"Yes, she put her hands on her chest and started coughing"

Heart attack... crap.

"Do you know if your mum has any health problems?"

"I don't think so. She can run and jump and walk completely fine"

The line went silent for a moment.

"Hello?" You questioned.

"I think it was Kira..." the girl said.

You scrambled over the desk and grabbed the second headset, tossing it to L. He was confused for a moment but the put it on.

"Kira? What makes you think it was Kira?" You asked.

"Mummy and daddy don't have lots of money so sometimes she has to take food without paying so I can have dinner. I think Kira found out and killed her"