Unexpected delema

Hc: during the case you were told not to call L unless it's an emergency for safety reasons. And when something unusual but unexpected happens, he's summoned home in confusion...

You had zero idea what the hell you'd just walked downstairs too, but you HAD to call L. This was not what you were expecting at 8 in the morning.

The taskforce had all gotten up early and gotten to work. All was silent until L's phone went off. When it saw it was you he got worried as the both of you knew not to call unless it was an emergency. He picked it up, breaking the silence.

"Hey, are you ok?"

The taskforce turned to face him, wondering who he was talking too.

"Excuse me what?"

They looked at each other, trying to piece together his conversation. He looked so confused and kind of shocked.

"How long have they been there?"

They? What was they?

"Ok I'm on my way"

With that he hung up and stood up to address the taskforce.

"I've gotta go home for a while. Turns out our cat is a father and there's seven newborn kittens in our house with no mother in sight..." L explained.

"What in the-" Matsuda replied.

"I have no idea, but I gotta help out with this"

With that, he left to go home.

That's right. Your male cat, was meowing at your bedroom door until you woke up and when you went downstairs there were seven new born kittens that looked exactly like him. Your first thought was to find the mother but you checked all over the house and in the garden and there was no other cat to he found. You didn't know weather you should touch them or not, you'd never had to deal with kittens before. You didn't even know your cat was seeing another cat...

You ended up picking them up with a towel and putting them in a box with a towel inside. The problem here was they needed to feed, but they were too young to have normal cat food... and with no mother in sight, there was no way they could. So you definitely had to take them to the vet.

But you called L home for two reasons:

1) this was HIS cat. He adopted him.

2) you had zero idea what you were doing and needed him to help look for any other kittens or a mother.

When he arrived home you lead him to the box where the kittens sat in a group with their father.

"Jesus Christ... you weren't kidding..." he said.

"I have zero idea what you son has been up to but I hope you like being a grandfather..." you replied.

"When did he even hook up with another cat? He's always inside?"

"I have no idea. But help me look for any other kittens or a mother and then we better take them to the vet"

You searched the backyard again, looking for a mother. None. The kittens were mostly black inheriting their fathers fur colour but has a few tiny white patches here and there, so if there was a whole cat around it was probably the mother. After an empty search of the garden, you went back into the house and looked under every nook and cranny for another kitten but couldn't find any. You went back to the box and put the father in a carrier cage.

You got L to hold onto the box with the kittens and keep the father at his feet when you got into the car to go to the vet.

"Where on earth did the birth even take place?" L asked.