Scars

A/n: Trigger warning, abuse. also I'm in the process of writing part 2s and 3s to the chapters that need them, I'm getting there guys.

"And that's how I got that scar" you finished.

Misa have you a dumbfounded look.

"HOW DO YOU ACCIDENTALLY TRIP ON A SPORK?" She exclaimed.

"I don't know!" You laughed.

You were telling stories about how you got your scars, and the story behind birthmarks. Everyone had some funny story of how they got their scars from falling off bikes or tripping down the stairs.

"Well, this one on my shoulder is from when I was about 15. I leaned in to have my first kiss and fell off the bench... I never got to kiss that boy" Misa said.

"Classy"

"I know"

"What are you talking about?"

You both turned to see Light.

"How we got our scars" you said.

"Oh I've got a story"

"Ooo tell us!"

Light rolled up his sleeve and showed a long scar across his arm.

"That happened when I was about 6. For some reason, 6 year old me thought it was a good idea to fling myself off the swings, except I slipped off too soon and landed on the bricks. I broke my arm and got seven or so cuts, but one decided it was going to scar. I haven't jumped off the swings since" he explained.

"Good job" you said, sarcastically.

"I was 6, don't judge"

"That makes my kiss story sound less stupid" Misa added.

"Who else has a scar? Maybe they'd have some funny stories" Light said.

"Uhhh..." Misa began.

You cut her off.

"L has a massive scar across his shoulder blade" you said.

"How do you know that? L never takes off his shirt around people- waaaiitt..." Misa said.

"NO ITS NOT LIKE THAT! Remember when he got his shirt caught on the door? And I had to stitch it up?"

"Oohhhhh that makes sense"

"Do you know how he got it?" Light asked.

"Nope, the thought never crossed my mind at the time, I'll ask"

You got up and skidded over to L, you sat down next to him, he didn't even notice he was so stuck into his work.

"L"

He jumped at the sound of your voice.

"How long have you been there?" He said.

"Like 3 seconds. I have a question"

"Ok?"

"How'd you get that scar on your shoulder blade?"

His expression changed from his usual resting depressed face to a more upset one as soon as you mentioned the scar.

"Oh... that?"

"Yeah, we're all talking about our funny scar stories and I remembered you have a massive scar. How'd you get it?"

"I'd... rather not talk about it..."

You didn't know much about L, but just from his tone of voice and the fact it was a scar, you knew it mustn't be some funny story of falling off a bike or something.