Impulsive behaviour

A/n: before the shot starts I just wanna drop a little thing I impulsively did to my door with lots of glue and paper

Not done yet but still. Random thought: anyone wanna see my DN collection? Complete with merch and stuff I've made. I have a plethora of random DN stuff even a skateboard deck. Without further ado, a oneshot inspired by my random impulse behaviour.

HC: when insomnia is really beating your ass, you tend to get a little impulsive.

Sleep deprivation can make you do some strange stuff sometimes. You just think of something and do it without second thought because you're too tired to fully process it.

So when L saw your lights turn on over the cameras at 2am he was a little confused as to what the hell you were diving into your box of craft supplies for. He watched you over the cameras, as you picked out some paints, a pallet, brushes, and grabbed a glass of water to wash your brushes in. He was expecting you to pull out a canvas and easel but nope, you squeezed the paints onto the pallet, grabbed a brush and looked at the empty wall in front of you.

"What is she..."

Before he could finish his sentence to himself you'd taken a brush, dipped it in paint and started to paint on the wall.

"What in the-"

He didn't particularly mind you were painting directly onto the walls of HIS building, but he was definitely confused as to what made you get up and start painting at 2 am. He also wanted to know what the hell you were painting. It started out as a blob of colour, not really making much of a shape to begin with. But the longer he watched, the more it started to form into something. It looked like... a person?

What on earth were you doing?

Little did you or the detective know, someone else was watching this ordeal go down. Since the taskforce has access to the camera playback, it just took a simple login to watch the rooms. Matsuda has given Misa his login for something else but that didn't mean Misa wouldn't keep using it. When she heard you moving around on the floor below you, waking her up, she logged onto the cameras to look at what you were doing. L hadn't noticed Misa watching on her screens, he was too busy watching you.

So unbeknownst to you you had an audience.

You began to add the filling colours to the painting and that when it became apparent who you were painting.

"Oh my god" Misa said, realising who it was.

She grabbed her laptop and dashed down the hall and into lights room.

"LIGHT WAKE YOUR ASS UP!" She yelled exitedly, jumping onto his bed.

"Go away Misa..." Light groaned back sleepily.

"You have GOT to see what (y/n) is doing"

"I don't care, let me go back to sleep..."

"She's painting on the wall"

"So?"

"She's paining L on the wall"

That got his attention, he sat up rubbing his eyes and taking a second for them to adjust to the light of the computer screen.

"What on earth?" Light questioned, seeing your impulsive action over the cameras.

"I KNEW she had a crush on him!" Misa added.

"It's 2am... why is she doing this all so late?"

"Sleep deprivation probably"

"L's watching the cameras now isn't he? What is he thinking of this?"

Meanwhile downstairs, L just starred at the screen in shock, confused as to why you felt the need to paint him on the wall. He knew that it was probably an act of sleep deprivation but he still wanted to know why it was him exactly.

He was kind of aware you had feelings for him but didn't know how to acknowledge them. He was fully aware you and him had a 'thing'. But he was just too shy to actually say anything about it. Perhaps this was an act of love? That had to be it. Why else would you have picked him to paint?

He had to confront you.

So he got up and walked upstairs, knocking on your door. You knew that it was probably him at the door so you just told him to come in.

Light and Misa watched eagerly over the cameras.

"Oh shit she's been busted" Misa said.

L walked over to you, taking a closer look at the painting that was literally taller than him. How you managed to break this out so fast was incredible.

"Care to explain?" He said.

That's when common sense finally caught up to you.

"Oh shi- should I not be painting on the wall?" You asked.

"I couldn't care less if you painted on the wall, I just wish to know why it's me your painting?"

"Someone had to make a move"

So you were aware of the 'thing' you shared as well? You were bolder than him about it, thats for sure.

"Y-you're certainly making a bold move..." he stammered.

"Well, I knew you were too shy to. Plus I haven't slept in three days and I tend to act upon impulses when I'm overtired..." you replied.

"Firstly, mood. Secondly, even if it's a bold move... I like it, you truly are talented (y/n)"

You felt your cheeks heat up at his compliment.

"T-thanks" you replied.

Back upstairs where Light and Misa were watching the ordeal, the two were getting really into it.

"Ten bucks says they'll kiss" Misa said.

"L? No way, he needs like three weeks notice before anything happens, even a kiss" Light replied.

"Not in a moment like this. Ten bucks?"

"Fine, ten bucks"

Down on your floor, there was a nervous tension in the air. You'd made the starting move and now L had to counter that. He was just trying to muster up the courage to do so. But you knew this poor clueless boy needed a push in the right direction.

"I guess I picked you because... you're cute. And I've always kinda liked you" you said.

"Cute? Can I uno reverse card that statement?"

That sly little-

"Me? No way. I'll 'no you' that statement" you fired back.

"Damnit you got me..."

You giggled, it was pretty nice having L be so chill around you compared to the rest of the taskforce. Turns out that little comment was the push he needed.

"I'll prove you're the cutest" he said.

Your turned to face him, setting aside your paints.

"How-"

Before you could finish you'd been pulled forward and his lips were pressed up against yours.

"Pay up" Misa said, holding out her hand.

Light sighed and pulled ten dollars from his wallet, handing it to Misa.

"I seriously thought it take longer..." he sighed.

"Light, if (y/n)s involved, she'll speed things up"