Imaginary

A/n: about that last post. Don't worry I'm fine I'm just very dramatic.

AU: your soulmate is your imaginary friend you had as a kid and you one day find them irl.

This was so nerve wracking, you were going to meet the one and only L. Actually, it's kind of funny, when you were little you had an imaginary friend called L, he told you that when you grew up he'd tell you his real name, but he stopped appearing when you grew up, it's almost like you weren't imagining him at all because you never really controlled him.

He was a small boy with messy black hair and oversized clothes, his tiny body was too small for his white shirt so I'd always hang off his shoulder and he's always grip on his jeans that were too long for him. He never went to sleep on time, so he had really dark Eyebags. He told you he didn't have a bedtime because justice never sleeps, and you remember telling your mum that L didn't have a bed time so you shouldn't either, it didn't work.

You've told the story of your imaginary friend L to your friends, they always found the stories hilarious because you got into some crazy things with your imaginary friend.

Too bad you don't see him anymore, but that's to be expected as you grow up huh?

Anyway, back to the real L. Thanks to Kira being a lil bitch and killing people, the Japanese police that you were apart of started to investigate, but tons of them left. And because of that, L was going to reveal himself. You were exited to see what he looked like but kind of scared at the same time, no one had ever seen him before, he could be a six foot talking breadstick for all you knew.

Ok, bad example, but you get the point.

You were standing outside the door of the hotel room, waiting for the others. Like damn, hurry up.

Once everyone finally arrived, you knocked on the door.

"It's open, please let yourselves in"

Oof... he had a nice voice.

You opened the door and one by one everyone piled in, you closed the door behind you and stood there, hearing footsteps around the corner. That's when he walked up to the group and your eyes were locked on him in shock.

He... he looked EXACTLY like imaginary L from when you were a kid, just... taller.

He scanned everyone down, and then his eyes met yours and he starred in shock. It was silent, you felt like you had to say something.

"No way..." you said under your breath.

It was silent for a moment.

"(Y-y/n)?"

He knew your name? But you never even gave it to him when he asked for police records. Unless...

"L as in... the L that tripped on the end of his jeans all the time?"

He nodded, slowly approaching you.

"The (y/n) that broke her ankle on the trampoline?"

You nodded, he knew everything imaginary L did. Were you HIS imaginary friend?

"You didn't happen to have an imaginary friend when you were little did you?" You asked. 

"I did... and she looked EXACTLY like you, just smaller..."

It fell silent for a moment, then everything finally clicked.

Flashback.

"But muuummmm L can stay up all night so why can't I?" You pouted.

"Because you're a growing girl, and L should really be sleeping too"

"But he said justice never sleeps!"

Your mum laughed and turned off the lights, your glow in the dark plants and night light making the room glow.

"Well justice at least needs a nap" she said.

You crossed your arms and flopped back into the pillows.

"Fine..."

"(Y/n)"

"Yes mummy?"

"Remember L when you grow up, they say you meet your imaginary friends when you need your soulmate most..."

Flashback end.

After a moment of staring, everything finally sunk in.

"Oh my god L!"

You threw your arms around him and he held onto you as tight as he could.

"I thought I'd never see you again..." you said.

"Why did you stop appearing?" He asked.

"I should ask you the same thing... I was so sad when you didn't come back"

"I missed you so much..."

The taskforce just looked at each other in confusion, you... knew L? And he knew you?

"So my mum was right when I was little... you really do find your old imaginary friends when you grow up..." you said.

L broke the hug and grabbed your shoulders, jabbing a finger into your shoulder.

"Don't you dare leave me again! I was so lonely and I was never able to get a cat like you did!" He smiled.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you this time, as long as you don't leave me"

You held out your hand.

"Pinky promise?"

He locked his finger with yours and you violently shook your hands like you did as kids.

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye" he replied, just like when you were kids.

"Now let me see Watari about that cat"