Ugghhhh

Ok look, I'll write a one shot soon but I just wanna rant for a moment.

WHAT IS UP WITH THE DN FANDOM AND BEING SO FUCKING DEPRESSING?!?!?!

Like it's definitely not as problematic as some other fandoms I've been in, but????

I swear that Wattpad is the only place in the fandom that's safe. I have tumblr for the sake of following manga authors and artists. But bc I have DN stuff on my blog it suggests me the tumblr side of the DN fandom. WHICH IS TOXIC AS HELL????

I was just on it for the first time in months and here's what I saw.

-Someone bashing L stans because "I could NEVER stan someone who violates human rights UwU"

-someone posting uncensored Lawlight porn (AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP)

-someone calling Watari a kidnapper

-someone shitting on another fan because they thought Near was cute

-someone... someone literally tried to cancel the word 'lawlipop' WELL BAD NEWS FOR YOU ITS IN ALMOST ALL MY USERNAMES. ON EVERY SITE THATS NOT WATTPAD I GO BY LAWLIETSLAWLIPOPS SO ITS NOT CANCELLED BITCH.

-that one group-blog that face claims the DN cast I mentioned a while ago that apparently had someone in their group die. Instead of mourning and being respectful what are they doing? Posting publicly what member of he group they think killed them. At this point I don't know if they're a joke group or an ARG but they claim to be real so.. ((I took that chapter down in fear so its not up anymore Soz))

Like???? FUCK.

I THOUGHT WE CANCELED LAWLIGHT LIKE TWO YEARS AGO??? WHY ARE WE ENABLING AN ABUSIVE SHIP?

And apparently we're not allowed to stan L now? Or light? Or near? Or misa? OR ANYONE?

LIKE FUCK LET ME BE SOFT FOR L IN PEACE PLEASE.

This fandom is one of the best I've been in, I love it. For the most part it's super chill. The wattpad and instagram side of the fandom is very soft and chill. The YouTube side is ALLLL for those analysis vids and I'm all for that.

But tumblr? Aka where the majority of the fandom resides is so fucking toxic. I mean it's tumblr so I'm not that surprised, but still.

The fandom over here on wattpad and Instagram is really small, and nonexistent on twitter. The YouTube side has kind of died out which is sad. But the tumblr fandom is THRIVING. They are so active, which is good because that means the fandom is still active, but oh my god, people just can't keep it to themselves can they?

Like you can post your opinions, BUT DON'T ATTACK OTHERS FOR THEIRS.

LISTEN HUN, I STAN L, I THINK HES CUTE, I THINK HES INTERESTING. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH, I'M GETTING A TATTOO OF HIM. YES I KNOW HE RESTRAINED MISA LIKE THAT, YES I KNOW HE WANED TO MAKE SURE THE DEATH NOTE WORKED. WILL THAT STOP ME FROM CALLING HIM LAWLIPOP??? NO.

I'm all for shipping whatever you like, as long as it's not abusive or illegal then sure go ahead. BUT GUESS WHAT SWEETIE, LAWLIGHT IS FUCKING TOXIC. THEY PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED EACH OTHER ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS. L CANONLY HATES LIGHT, LIGHT KILLED L. THAT IS NOT LOVE. DON'T FETISHISE ABUSE FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING A GAY SHIP.

YES I KNOW WAMMYS HOUSE HAS A FEW PROBLEMS. SO DOES EVERY ORPHANAGE. WHEN YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF KIDS THAT LOST THEIR PARENTS, THEY'RE ALL GONNA BE PRETTY TRAUMATISED AND CAUSE A FEW PROBLEMS.

IF SOMONE CALLS NEAR L'S SPARE OR SAYS HE WAS NEVER AS GOOD AS L- I STG- I WILL GOUGE YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT. THEY. ARE. EQUAL.

Jesus Christ. I stay away from tumblr for a reason.

Please guys, I know my readers. You're all just a bunch of soft meme-y L fans, for you own sanity, don't look at the tumblr side of the fandom if you don't wanna get triggered. If you like L and post it on tumblr then Rest In Peace my dudes, you'll be bashed in an 'indirect' post within the hour.

Ok rant over. One shot later.