Necklaces

A/n: woooo a got my hair cut and dyed. I could legit do a Naomi cosplay with my actual hair now. Might do that actually.

Au: soulmate - necklaces

You had that necklace your whole life, the one given to you a birth. The shape represented your soulmate apparently and you'd been trying to find him your entire life. The thing is... your necklace is shaped like an L.

When you were about 7 a detective popped up in the world, they never showed their face, they just used a logo... L. The exact same L that was on your necklace. You were sure it was him.

The question was, how the hell were you going to track down the worlds greatest detective? You knew that he would know it's you as long as you showed him the necklace. But you just had to find him.

How were you sure it was him? Well.. when you were about 15 L did an interview with a TV station and he was asked why he picked L as his alias and how he picked the logo. His response?

"Someone out there knows. They have the matching charm..."

He made his logo that font because he KNEW that whatever font he picked would be the one to end up on that necklace. You weren't too sure what his necklace would be, maybe the first letter of your name on the same font? That was really all you could guess.

So for 24 years, you'd been looking for the worlds greatest detective. You'd gone into the police force for it, you'd hacked an insane amount of FBI and CIA records hoping to find some kind of record on who L really was, but... nothing. But things took a turn when Kira appeared, you found out from L's broadcast that not only is Kira in the kanto region of japan, so was L. You moved there as soon as you possibly could to look for him. Apart from that you had pretty much nothing to go off. For a while you were pretty lost, but then you found out the local police force were working under L to catch Kira.

You dug for a while until you found the names of the taskforce members. It was a long shot, but maybe, just maybe they'd be your ticket to finding L. So today you waited outside the police station for them to head off to see L. When they walked out, you ran up to them and stopped them.

"Uh, excuse me!" You said.

They stopped to look at you.

"I know this sounds crazy. But I'm a cop from another station and I know you all work with L. This is going to sound nuts but..."

They watched as you pulled your necklace out of your pocket.

"This is my soulmate necklace, my soulmate is L. I understand if you can't take me to him, but if you could pass on the message that I'm looking for him I'd be so grateful" you finished.

The one you remembered as Matsuda stepped forward and looked at the necklace in shock.

"No way! Does your name start with an (f/initial)" he asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"L has a necklace in the same font with that letter!"

"Woah, she's not kidding... she really is L's soulmate" the chief said.

"Well... we cant exactly just bring her into taskforce..." Aizawa said.

"I know. I'll take a photo of you and the necklace and show L when we get to HQ" Matsuda added, pulling out his phone.

He took a photo of the necklace and of you. Taking down your name and number too.

"Thank you so much" you said.

"Look, if he decides to try find you I'll message you and organise a place for you to meet"

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

The when the taskforce reached HQ, Matsuda ran up the stairs and burst through the door into the main room where L sat at his desk.

"L! YOU WON'T BELIVE WHO WE RAN INTO!"

L turned to face Matsuda with a confused look on his face.

Matsuda ran up to L's and showed him the pictures.

"We found your soulmate! She's a police officer form another station and managed to find out we were on the Kira case under you, her necklace is your logo and the same font and colour as yours! Her name is (y/n) (l/n). She moved here just to find you!"

L just starred down at the pictures. The necklace was the exact same has his, just with his initial. And the picture of you... it was just a picture but he'd already called head over heels. You were definitely his soulmate.

"Did you... get her number?"

At about 11 that night, you got a message.

Matsuda: hope you're not busy tomorrow, L wants to meet you at the dog park by the university.

With that was a picture of the matching necklace. You knew it, you knew it was L. Ever since you saw that logo all the way back when you were 7, you knew it was him. You messaged back frantically saying you'd be there at 10.

You barely got any sleep that night, you were so exited. You also couldn't really believe that your soulmate was the worlds greatest detective. He was definitely already one-upping you. You dressed up as nice as you could and grabbed your bag, not even thinking about breakfast. You jumped on your bike and rode down to the dog park, all the dogs were on their morning walks and seemed to be having lots of fun. You waited by the bike racks where you locked up your bike just as Matsuda told you. You waited, so nervous.

Your whole life had lead up to his point, you looked down at the necklace in your hands and felt like a million butterflies were trying to eat you from the inside. You were so exited, but so terrified.

"(Y/N)!"

You looked up to see Matsuda down the path, he stepped to the side to reveal a tall, slim, pale boy with messy black hair and dark Eyebags. He wore plain clothes and had the first letter of your name around his neck. You starred at each other for a moment, taking in each other's appearance.

Then as of you'd read each other's minds, you began to sprint toward each other. You both seemed to be on the same wavelength, you met in the middle of the path and threw your arms around each other, gripping onto each other for dear life.

Finally. Finally you were with the one your were born to be with.

"I didn't think I'd ever find you..." he said.

"I've been looking for you my whole life..." you replied.

You stayed in each other's arms for what felt like hours, not knowing Matsuda was sending photos to the taskforce.

When the hug broke, you grabbed his hands and gave them a tight squeeze.

"I'm so glad I found you" you smiled.

"I'm so glad you cared enough to look for me..."