Stardom part 2

You stood backstage, only a minute till curtains. You adjusted the collar on L's shirt and he brushed the hair from your eyes.

"Ready for this? Biggest show we've ever done" You asked.

"I've got you, you'll get me through it" he replied, placing a kiss on your forehead and grabbing your hand.

You walked hand in hand with your microphones onto the stage, under the spotlights behind the curtains. You could hear the crowd screaming, chanting your names, you heard the music start up and the countdown begin. The crowd screamed the numbers along with the audio. You tugged on L's arm and pulled him down to your height, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. He smiled and blushed a little under the highlight the crew had covered him in.

"You should wear that outfit more often, it's cute" you giggled.

He just smiled brighter and gave you a playful shove, pulling his guitar from his back to his front.

The crowd hit 5, counting down to the curtain drop.

"I love you, Agnemitra"

"I love you too, Izroul"

You stood in position and the curtains dropped, music blaring and lights flashing, the crowd went crazy, the mosh pit jumping to the beat. As you sing all your hit songs, the crowd sung along, you let L have his signature guitar solo and let all the fan girls scream at his skills. The lightstick sea that was the crowd looked so surreal, you'd never played somewhere this big before.

You had what Mr. Yagami said in mind and scanned the front row for Sayu, you spotted her waving a pink lightstick, wearing a tour shirt and singing along with your words. Whenever a spotlight passed over the mosh, you could see her more clearly, her mascara stained her cheeks. Her had was right, she really did love you guys. You also managed to spot Matsuda in the front seating row, for a grown man he was acting like an exited child. It was kind of cue actually. That whole row was really going off, jumping and dancing to the music. It was nice to see him having fun before the case took over his life.

You reached the midpoint of the show where it was tradition to stop and talk to the fans. You took a moment to catch your breath as the music came to an end and walked over to the centre of the stage with L.

"Hello Tokyo!" You said.

As expected, a deafening screech from the crowd.

"This is by far the biggest show we've done. Thank you all for coming. And to everyone that camped out, good on you for sticking to it, we did our best to provide as much security as possible" L added.

More screaming, as usual.

"Now we do have a bit of an announcement. This will be our last show for a while as we are working on the new album, but I promise you we'll be back as soon as we can. We'll try and make the hiatus as short as possible"

You heard a series of 'awww' from the crowd, but you know they'd understand. On top of the case, you still have 12 music videos to film and a new set list to make.

"Thank you for all the support and here's a fan favourite, she can tear my heart apart" L said, grabbing his guitar again.

You smiled upon hearing L say that, it was pretty obvious who as in charge of writing that song. And even though it's about 4 albums old, it still make you smile listening to him sing it for you.

After a long night of singing and dancing, the show ended in a hail of confetti and sparkly streamers, and the both of you were exhausted. You ended up back in your hotel room, tearing the cute but uncomfortable costumes off and having a sleepy shower together. L knew nothing about makeup and it was always up to you to get his show makeup off.

Usually L would say something like 'but work' or 'but the case' as a way to get out of sleeping. But not tonight, that show really wore him out and he was ready to pass out. You both pulled on some pyjamas and flopped into bed, knowing you'd be sore from all the jumping and running around on stage tomorrow.

"Did you see Matsuda in the seating rows?" You asked, pulling the blankets up.

"Yeah, that whole row was just having a damn dance party" L replied.

"You gotta admit it was kinda cute. He's childish sure but at least he's having fun"

"Yeah I guess. I saw Sayu, her dad was right she's really into us, she just couldn't stop the tears the whole show"

"I know, we can definitely use her to get to Light. And holy carp she really stood her ground, if anyone tried to push her she pushed them back, she was not letting go of that front bar" you said.

"That level of dedication will be very useful in the ca-"

He cut himself off with a yawn and lazily rolled over to wrap his arms around you.

"What's this? The insomniac is tired?" You joked.

"That was the most exercise I've gotten in ages... I think I'm allowed to be tired" he replied.

"I know, I know"

You pulled him into your arms and ran your fingers through his hair.

"Get some sleep ok? You need energy for the case"

"Ok... I love you" he sleepily mumbled.

"I love you too, just think of all the progress we'll make using Sayu as a gateway. But that won't be done if you don't sleep. Goodnight, darling"

"Goodnight..."

This would be one hell of a case, but Sayus little fangirl dedication will make it so much easier.