Think quick

A/n: slight NSFW.

Hc: you have to hide so you run into a random room... turns out that room wasn't a good idea.

This was bad. This was not good at all. You were watching Light as he was as university just like L told you to. But now he was on his way back to taskforce and you weren't meant to be there.

You see, Light thought you were at home for the weekend. You were tasked to watch him wherever he went and today he went into the university library to do some school work. Now you were running back to taskforce, trying to get there before he did without being spotted, he was right behind you.

You rushed through the front door and saw him walk up to the door through the windows.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" you panicked under your breath, running into the other room.

You heard the door open, the close. You quietly ran up the stairs but as soon as you reached the top, you heard him start to come up the stairs too. You were about to run into the monitor room but you saw the taskforce there. You weren't meant to let the see you either... you skidded to a stop and went the other way, running down the halls.

You stopped for a moment to catch your breath, basically dying at this point from all the running.

"Holy shit" you puffed.

You then saw Light turn the corner, his head down in a book. You panicked and slipped down the hall swinging around the corner, you had to hide.

You looked around for any place to hide, hearing Lights footsteps getting closer. You went for the first door you saw and felt something click as you pulled the handle, you pushed it open and rushed in, closing it behind you.

"(Y/N) what the fu-"

You couldn't even process who just spoke, you just put your hand over their mouth and and shushed them, listening in for Lights footsteps.

"Hey L? Where are you!" You heard him yell.

You felt your hand be moved away from the persons mouth.

"Give me a second! I'm still drying my hair!"

You were suddenly hit with a massive bat of realisation. You'd run into the bathroom... broken the lock... and L has just taken a shower.

He was only covered my a towel, still completely soaked.

"Ok, I printed off those files I'll see you in the monitor room" Light said.

You were frozen for a moment, your face going red. Once you heard Lights footsteps leave and heard a door close, you freaked out.

"HOLY CRAP I'M SO SORRY. I COULD'NT LET HIM SEE ME AND I HAD TO HIDE AND THIS WAS THE FIRST ROOM I COULD GET INTO IM SORRY!" You exclaimed.

"Slow down! What happened?" L replied.

"I had to get back to taskforce before he did, so I ran and he was right behind me and was going in the same direction so I had to hide so he didn't see and and I panicked and went into the first room I saw. God I'm so sorry!" You blushed.

"Right, ok. It's fine. But you should probably go hide on my floor so no one sees you"

He took the key from the counter and handed it to you.

"Get up there before they see you, go!" He said pushing you out of the room.

You ran upstairs and unlocked his door. You slammed it behind you and immediately collapsed onto the floor, out of breath.

"Holy crap that's the fastest I'd ever run in my life" You puffed.

You just lay on the floor, letting everything that just happened sink in.

You just freaking walked in on L. If you had been a few seconds earlier...

You tried to shake that thought from your mind but the image just kept coming back. You guessed it was the capoeira that made him so strong but he was still a lanky noodle. But... a very good looking and fit lanky noodle. Sure, he had back problems but the faint outline of abs made up for that. And the wet hair-

"AHHHH! No (y/n)! Stop thinking about that. He's basically your boss! And... and I'm on his floor..."

You sat up, looking around.

Wow, it was surprisingly clean. Apart from the coffee table full of candy wrappers and papers, the messed up blanket on the sofa it was pretty spotless. You got up, and began to look around. Out of curiosity you looked in the fridge, nothing but cakes and fruit. Of course.

You looked around the lounge room, the floor was littered with chords from computers but other than that it was pretty clean.

You heard the door open and turned to find L. He closed the door behind him and put a stack of papers on the coffee table.

"Well that was certainly an interesting set of events" he said.

"I'm so sorry about all of that" you replied.

"Look, (y/n), it's fine. It was actually pretty good quick thinking. You would have been caught otherwise. But you'll have to stay up here for the rest of the day and tonight or you'll be caught. Just don't touch these files they're all in a specific order"

"Ok, sure. Do I have to do anything else? Light did literally nothing all weekend. The only sketchy thing I saw was someone paying him for homemade cookies at uni... his mum does make good cookies though"

"Nothing else?"

"Nope, nothing"

"Well, that lead didn't go anywhere" L sighed.

"I won't walk in on you next time... promise" you blushed.

"I'm not even sure how you managed to break the lock..."

"I mean I did basically body slam the door..."

"True"

He looked up at you and giggled.

"W-what?" You questioned.

"Your face is so red" L said.

"W-We'll Yeah... it's kind of an awkward situation to be in. You're basically my boss anyway..."

"Hm, I suppose but you do that pretty much anytime I talk to you"

Shit. You did? That would surely give it away...

"I do?"

"You do... I know what goes through your head (y/n). I know why you do it"