Share

Trope: oh darn would you look at that there's only one bed

Well. This has become... a strange situation.

You see, Misa once again managed to drag the taskforce into one of her 'let's all be friends' things. She' dragged you all out to a riverside resort for a little holiday away from Kira.

But there's a problem. The cabin she put you in, she also put L in, which is fine. But...

There's only one bed.

At first you shrugged it off, L never sleeps. But he looks like he's going to pass out at any moment at this rate, he's been up for weeks and he really really needs to sleep. So you have been trying to get him to take the bed, so you can take the sofa or something, but no. He's too stubborn for that.

"Ok this is going nowhere, you look like you're about to pass out, just take the bed L. I'll be fine" you said.

"I can't! It's not like I sleep anyway" he replied.

"But you're going to pass the fuck out. Go the sleep L, take the bed"

"But-"

"OH MY GOD! Why do you want me to take the bed so bad? Do you want me to sing you a freaking lullaby or something?"

"I JUST DON'T WANT TO SLEEP OK?!"

"YOU NEED SLEEP!

"BUT IT SCARES ME!"

You fell silent. What did he just?

"It... scares you?" You questioned.

"Yes... just- ugh it doesn't matter. You take the bed" he replied.

"No, why does it scare you?"

He didn't say anything. Maybe it was something personal? Maybe there was a reason he didn't want you to know. You didn't want to seem intrusive, but now you were worried.

"Well... what if we just... slept together?" You suggested.

"I mean..." he replied.

"That way we both get the bed and you don't have to be alone"

He was silent for a moment.

"Yeah... ok"

He looked so exhausted, you really wanted him to get some sleep. You pulled back the blankets and crawled into bed. He hesitantly crawled in next to you pulling the blankets up.

"Get some sleep ok? Goodnight" you said.

"Goodnight..." he replied.

You turned onto your side and faced the wall, trying to fall asleep, also trying to not seem awkward. Sharing a bed with the worlds greatest detective is definitely not what you had in mind when Misa dragged you out of taskforce. You lay there Asaka for hours listening to L toss and turn, unable to fall asleep until you got fed up. Something was wrong and you'd find out what.

You turned to face him to find him looking up at the roof, unable to sleep

"Ok, what's wrong?" You asked.

"I just can't sleep" he replied.

"No. It's more than that, you keep tossing and turning. People usually do that when they're anxious"

"Don't worry about it"

"Too bad I'm already worried about it"

He was silent for a moment.

"I just don't like sleeping, it's creepy. I don't like having nightmares every single freaking night"

If these nightmares are enough to shake him up this bad, they must be real bad nightmares. Like, borderline night terror styles nightmares.

"They're just that bad?" You asked.

"Yes. I don't feel safe at night" he replied.

"Well... I'm here. You're safe, I'm right next to you"

"I know, it's just... I dunno. I hate sleeping"

"But you really need it"

"...I know"

He looked anxious. But you really wanted him to get some sleep.

You stretched out your arms and pulled him closer wrapping your arms around him and pushing his head into your chest.

"Nothing will hurt you. Not if I'm here..." you said.

He seemed shocked at first, not expecting the action at all. But he felt a sense of comfort in your arms.

He wrapped his arms around you in return and snugged up to you, feeling a lot safer.

"Thank you..."

The next morning.

The blonde looked through the halls of the cabin, she expected at least one of you to have taken the sofa. But it was empty when she walked in. That could only mean one thing. She raced down the halls, checking the other rooms just in case and finally made it to the bedroom where she opened the door quietly and peeled inside.

"Knew it" she whispered, seeing the both of you were in the same bed.

As she approached and got a better look, her heart melted. All night you'd managed to stay in the same position, wrapped up in each other arms snugged up under the blankets and taking each other's body heat.

"Awww that's so cute..." Misa cooed.

She always knew you two had a thing.