Switching part 2

Since the last time L switched in front of you, he'd been hiding away in his head. Ryuzaki was back to fronting for the case.

He didn't mention it to you, but he definitely knew that you knew. Sometimes he'd be talking to you and start to dissociate, you came to the conclusion that it was L trying to front but Ryuzaki would always push him back in case the taskforce saw.

And it seems today you were finally getting some closure.

"(Y/n), can I speak to you... alone"

"Sure"

You followed Ryuzaki out into the hall where he leaned up against a the wall.

"You're aware of our DID aren't you?" He said.

"Yes, don't worry I won't tell anyone. And no I don't know L's real name. He told me about the system though" you replied.

"I figured, since you don't bat an eye when we start to dissociate or of were fighting to front..."

"Yeah, I get what's going on so I don't really question it"

"You know... L really likes you. Every time we talk he's always fighting to front. He enjoys talking to you. I like you too of course but I think he gets exited since you're the only one why understands the system"

"That's nice of him... I like the both of you too" you blushed.

"You're the only one I really trust with knowing. You have a psych major and all so you're probably the only one who'd get it. That's why I let him front in front of you... of course I was a little worried you'd take it badly but I'm glad you took it well"

Yep, Ryuzaki was A LOT more formal and monotone than L was. The tone of his voice and way he carried himself proved it. L was way more emotional than Ryuzaki was.

"I understand you're the protector of the system, so I get why you'd be worried" you said.

"Yeah. It's my job to not let anything come to harm us..." he trailed off.

You could see him start to dissociate, he dazed out a little before snapping back into reality.

"Sorry, L's trying to front... I'd let him but the taskforce are still around"

He trailed off again, looking dazed and obviously speaking to L in his head.

"God he really wants to talk to you... later... he can talk later..."

He shook his head and snapped back into reality.

"Right, anyway. I guess I just wanted to make sure you knew everything correctly and all. And... t-thanks for keeping this a secret and understanding"

"It's nothing. Thanks for trusting me with it"

The day progressed as normal, although Ryuzaki seemed to be dissociating a lot more than normal, it was almost like he was having a full blown conversation with the rest of the alters. In fact he probably was.

It got later and one by one The taskforce went to bed, you staying up to make coffee and just in case L came to talk to you. And like you thought, he did.

As you were making coffee, you could see just now out of it Ryuzaki was from the other room, after a moment he picked up his head and looked around. Then his eyes laid on you and judging from the massive smile on his face, L was now the one fronting.

"Finally! Geez Ryuzaki has been pushing be back all day!" He laughed, getting up to some see you.

"Well, the taskforce were all around" you replied.

"Yeah but he could have at least let me front when he was talking to you..."

"I guess he just wanted to keep everything under control, want some coffee?"

"Yes please"

You made him a cup of coffee along with your one and you both sat down to talk.

"So, what exactly made you so exited to see me?" You asked.

"I dunno, I just like talking to you. You're fun" he replied.

You felt your cheeks go red at the comment.

Man, you did that in front of Ryuzaki too... there's no way you were falling for him... them... the system. Where you? But if you did date him then did that mean all the alters would be dating you too? What if one alter liked you but the others didn't?

So many questions.

"You know... I know that I only formally met you a few days ago but I have known about you since Ryuzaki first met you. You may not know it but you've actually helped us a lot. You're the only one that understands all this, thank you for that" he said.

"I-it's nothing, you guys can't help this so I may as well help you all" you replied.

"Actually... I was just planning to let Ryuzaki take this case and I wasn't even gonna bother fronting during it but... you made me want to. Something about you made me want to be more in control, I wanted to talk to you and be friends with you. I really like you (y/n)..."

You have him a smile, appreciating his words.

"I like you too, all of you"