An L cosplay tutorial!

OK HELLO.

I've been cosplaying this boy for four years. I'm pretty content with my current version of him so let's get into it!

Here's what it looks like

Now let's break it down!

Clothes:

His clothes are super simple man. But, details can be everything.

Keep the shirt high cut. Crossplayers- even when binding it can be an obvious girly trait when showing low cut. Of course you don't have to even bother with binding if you don't want, but a high neck shirt looks more boyish and we are cosplaying a boy. Keep the shirt baggy with sleeves slightly longer than your arms, these are super easy to find, just look in the men's section.

Jeans. A thing I see lots of cosplayers do is wear skinny jeans. Now as much as I want L to wear skinny jeans and show off the curves he's probably hiding under those clothes, it's just not accurate. If you want accuracy, get loose fitting jeans. Once again, the men's section is for friend, belts do wonders and you get the bonus of deep pockets.

Wig:

Ah yes, L's damn hair.

Now here's an old diagram I did. Sorry for trash quality idk what happened.

As you can see his hairline is on the side, this means you'll definitely need a layered wig with no growth point

As you can see his hairline is on the side, this means you'll definitely need a layered wig with no growth point. Of course, you can make growth point wigs work but it's hard to.

A growth point wig is one where all the hair in the top layer comes from one spot right on the top.

You'll need a thick wig. I got mine from Lightinthebox.com. It was my first wig and honestly I got lucky, it's pretty good but I definitely need to sew some more wefts into it since I've used it for so long it's starting to thin out.

You'll want a foam wig head to make it easier but you can use hair clips and your own head if you don't have one. You'll want to move the hairline over the right eye and make the right side fluffier than the left.