28- Vibrant Blue Flames

╔═══════════════╗

"OH for fucks sake!" Liana hissed under her breath as Snape evaporated her almost perfect potion for the third time that potions lesson. Liana tossed down her ladle in utter frustration and fury.

"-and stop laughing Harry it's not funny," she added as she ran a hand through her mane of curly hair and stomped her foot angrily on the floor. Harry only laughed the louder, proud that he had somehow managed to salvage his potion.

"I can't breathe-" he chuckled, his eyes sparkled in the dim potions light and he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, his grin only growing when Liana leant over and flicked his nose teasingly. Hermione smiled at Ron across the bench, it was a relief that the two seemed to have resumed their usual banter. It had just been more than unnatural for the two to not talk.

  "He's such a bias, slimy-!" Liana began, but was cut off in her angry rant of Snape's behaviour when the bell rang and before Harry could blink the girl was on her feet and practically running out of that classroom, even faster than Neville, who had only done marginally worse than Liana.

The remainder of the famous four jogged along to catch up with Liana, who was now dashing along to the entrance hall as fast as she could. Harry puffed along in confusion as they followed her at a rapid pace, his mind only wondering how such a lazy girl by nature could run so impossibly fast.

"What-the bloody hell-is the girl-doing?!" Ron panted heavily as they hurried up the stairs after her.

"She wants to get inside before Beauxbatons arrive. She doesn't want to see anyone from her old school-" Hermione replied, clutching the stitch in her side. Harry shook his head while holding back a small laugh, he had almost forgotten that Liana had been expelled from Beauxbatons. A impressive feat really for a twelve year old at the time.

"You lot took forever," grinned Liana who was already settled on the bench at the Gryffindor table by the time the three sprinted in, sweat clinging to their foreheads and all of them holding their burning sides.

"Shut up," Ron grumbled sinking into his seat and grabbed his glass of pumpkin juice from the table, sloshing half of it down his front at the same time.

Liana smiled to herself and leant back against Harry, his chest still heaving in a steady rhythm she could feel against her back. It soothed her and she found her eyes closing slightly, one of Harry's arms resting gently on her side, the warmth from the contact spreading and heating her small body.

"Welcome, welcome students!-" Dumbledore suddenly spoke up, standing from his seat and crossing to the entire of the hall, his arms open wide in his usual fashion.