90-Sectumsempra

[TW: violence/ could be interpreted as abuse. Please proceed with caution!]
╔═══════════════╗

 Please proceed with caution!]╔═══════════════╗

LIANA Holly had discovered the joy of ginger snaps. The biscuits stirred a warmth inside her and the sweetness of the hot chocolate calmed her nerves soothingly as it settled in her stomach. Professor McGonagall smiled at Liana from where she was sitting on the other side of her desk, chewing on a ginger snap herself.

"Feeling better Miss Holly?" Professor McGonagall asked hopefully and Liana nodded gratefully as she placed her empty mug on to the desk in front of her, pulling the tartan blanket Professor McGonagall had given her tighter around her small body.

"So Miss Holly, why were you on a midnight detour from the New Years party this evening?" Professor McGonagall questioned, a frown etched into the wrinkled skin on her face. Liana couldn't help but grimace unpleasantly as the image of Harry with that lipstick smudge next to his mouth floated into her head. She sniffed, but thankfully no more tears fell now.

"I was at Slughorn's party originally," Liana began as she chose another ginger snap from the tin on the desk. "But then me and Draco got talking and ended up in the corridor outside. Then Harry came out and saw me and-"

Liana broke off here, an unreadable expression on her face although she was holding the ginger snap so tightly in her fist it was beginning to crumble. Professor McGongall sighed. Her students were always so complicated.

"What has been happening between you and Mr Potter recently? I will admit that there have been rumours among the staff," she confessed and Liana giggled a little at this as she imagined Professor McGonagall being the source of teacher gossip in Hogwarts.

"Harry doesn't really love me, Professor. To be honest I've no idea if he ever did. He's got feelings for Ginny Weasley but he won't let me go or just be straight up with me, he just has to rub it into my face constantly and then act oblivious. Ginny's even worse, she's just straight up rude," Liana complained bitterly as she finally nibbled the corner of the half broken ginger snap in her palm.

Professor McGonagall's eyebrows shot so high up her forehead that they risked vanishing into her receding hairline. "Well, here in Hogwarts we don't allow bullying amongst pupils. And personally, I dislike cheaters," she announced fiercely and Liana nodded in agreement.

"But Ginny isn't bullying me Professor, I think she's just naturally a prickly person," Liana protested with a frown but Professor McGonagall shook her head in disagreement.

"I do not tolerate any mistreatment of my students Miss Holly." Professor McGonagall peered down at Liana over her spectacles. "Mr Potter and Miss Weasley might just find that their next detention is spent cleaning the hospital bed pans with no magic- separately."