31- The Hungarian Horntail

╔═══════════════╗

THE first task of the champions was drawing closer and for Liana it seemed she was now stuck in her negative spiral.

She still had the ugly, sick feeling in the pit of her stomach from the nights before and the fire whiskey certainly hadn't helped.

She had just exited a particularly gruelling charms lesson of summoning charms and her head felt fit to burst. She marched along towards the library, closely tailed by Neville and Ron who were deep in discussion about broomsticks but Liana simply tuned the conversation out as she walked. Waving goodbye to the boys a the bottom of the main staircase.

The second she had reached the library she collapsed into her favourite seat near one of the windows, it was just behind the shelf of magical creatures books and as Liana sat, pulling out her unfinished Potions homework she heard Hermione's familiar voice drifting through the air.

"How to defeat a dragon- it can't be that hard can it?" Hermione asked, along with the sound of a few piles of books being dropped onto a nearby table.

"Well I don't know about you Hermione but at this rate I have no hope of getting past the first task," sighed Harry from the other side of the bookcase followed the sound of a head smacking onto the desk.

"You know Harry I'm sure that Liana would be more than happy to help you, she's brilliant with magical creatures, you only have to-" Hermione tried to bribe Harry with a pleading tone and Liana frowned, wondering if Harry would ever come and speak to her or if would only just be Hermione's empty encouragement.

"I can't, not until she gets it into her thick head that I didn't enter myself!" Exclaimed Harry, audibly frustrated as he began to flick through the books Hermione had placed in front of him. Searching, quite frantically for a solution now to his very large issue of the fact that if he didn't get a method to get past the dragon in the next twelve hours he would become a Potter kebab.

Liana sat on her side of the shelf, not quite knowing what to do. On the one hand she could sit comfortably in her seat and complete her homework and blissfully chose to ignore what she had just heard. Or on the the hand she could come up with a plan to help Harry, regardless of whether she choose to be friends with him or not.

Sighing she made up her mind and, slamming her books shut she stacked them into her bag and set off down out of the library at a fast pace, slipping past Hermione and Harry at an incredible speed and she bolted out of the entrance hall, hurrying down the hill outside towards Hagrid's cabin.

"Hagrid it's Liana, let me in!" called Liana, bashing her fist on the door and listening for the sound of Fang's barking and Hagrid thumping footsteps.

"Ah 'ello Liana," smiled Hagrid as he opened his massive, creaking front door to reveal the girl standing before him  her hair sticking to her forehead with sweat as she panted from all the running.