I can't figure him out

"Uhm I think I should go now," he said feeling kind of shy or uncomfortable, which was so unlike him. Okay whatever I don't care about him and his feelings. Let's just get this fate over with.

"Sure, let's go downstairs then," I said and left the room with him following me.

"Oh you're done talking already?" asked Meggy surprised.

I don't even know why she was surprised. It's not like we had much to talk about anyway.

"Yup," I said putting an emphasis on the letter 'p'.

I opened the door and gestured Damon to leave, which in my opinion wasn't quite what he wanted, but we weren't gonna make him our third girl friend for sure. He just had to leave.

"Well, I'm gonna go now. Miss me Angel, see you tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 6 and please be pretty. I like going out with pretty girls and you're, well,-"

"If you try to say something negative now I'll hit you, but this time I'll kick you with my leg and I know how to fight. Besides, you're not even DiCaprio yourself," I said threatening him because I'm really done with his ugly words.

"Why do you keep bringing him up? Are you obsessed with him?"

"Why do you care? You're just an ugly demon."

"See, you told me not to say anything negative about you, but you just slapped me with what you think is a sassy line or something. Anyway, I'm leaving now. Be pretty and don't be late coz' I'm gonna be waiting for you in front of your house. Bye angel. Bye Carmen," he said waiving at us.

"My name is Meg- ah whatever who cares," Meggy started laughing.

I closed the door and I knew that she was gonna lecture me because of this stupid date that didn't mean anything. I looked at Meggy and saw that her smile was from one ear to another. I knew what she was thinking.

"Okay okay you can say whatever you want to."

"I told you so, I told you so. You guys are in love with each other. You're just too stupid to realize that. You're gonna be together and then you're gonna marry and have beautiful little kids that I'll play with," she was dancing while singing this imaginary song.

"Woah slow down blondie. Don't go too far. I'm going on a date with him just because he said that he would go to group meetings with Matt, if I do."

"Bailey you know at some point I thought that you were intelligent. Helloooooo, he could've asked for millions of things like for you to do his assignments, his laundry or for you to make him breakfast every day, but he asked you on a date. It doesn't mean that he doesn't want to. Do you get the point now? IT'S A REAL DATE," Meggy screamed out.

Before I could open my mouth and answer her that I couldn't agree with what she said my mother opens the door.

"Did I hear someone say the word date? Who's going on a date?"

I gestured for Meggy not to tell her anything.

"Bailey! She's going on a date!"

I shot her a glare and a surprised face that says, "I asked you not to tell her."

"Oh that's good. Finally she can go out with someone other than Matt."

"Mom Matt and I aren't even dating. What are you talking about? We're best friends and you know that," I said face palming myself.

"As you say. Who's your date with by the way?"

I begged Meggy not to say that. If you tell something to my mother, then everyone in the city will know that for sure. I don't want that to happen, moreover, when Matt doesn't even know about it.

"With Damon. She's going with Damon."

"I hate you," I whispered under Meggy's ear, "There's gonna be a revenge for that. Remember this moment Meghan."

She just smiled back at me. I knew that she was genuinely happy for me, but this wasn't the case. I just wanted to quickly get this date over with and get away from him. He always brings nothing, but pain and danger.

"That's good that you're going on a date. I'm actually pretty happy darling. I have to tell Karen about that," she said and left the room.

I knew this was gonna happen.

"See? This is why I didn't want her to know that."

"Why don't you tell her not to do those things?"

"Because she says that she won't do those things and then I catch her skypeing some stranger about that. She won't ever change, trust me."

We laughed for some time and Meggy left. That's when the thoughts came to me and I decided to text Matt. I knew that he would already have cooled off. I wrote him how sorry I was and that he would know about that, if it was important.

He saw my messages, but didn't respond and that made me worry about our friendship even more. I called him a couple of times, but he texted me that he would talk to me tomorrow. He didn't want to talk to me today.

I couldn't sleep that night. Partly, because I was sick and my head was hurting even more now. And partly it was because I felt guilty for not telling him some details about what happened between me and Damon. But there's nothing to tell, in fact. There's nothing between us, right? Hence, there's nothing to say. Am I wrong?

I open my eyes and turn off the alarm. I realize that the late night thoughts made me sleep even easier or maybe it was because I felt terrible. I dressed up and was ready to go to the university. I even thought of just staying at home, but I couldn't be absent. Oh that participation grade. It just drives me crazy.

I grab my bag and go downstairs. I knew I had to eat something to take the medicine for my headaches and fever. I made myself a sandwich and quickly ate it. Then, I took the keys from the table and opened the door. That's the moment when I remembered that I haven't taken my medicine yet and my eyes land on some package on the ground in front of our door.

I open the package and see that there were medicaments of all types and a little note that read, "Take these and feel better angel. We have a terrific date coming. From the demon."

I smiled at the note and at what he did for me.

Oh Damon, I won't ever figure you out, will I?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey hey hey guys))) I think that the next chapter is gonna be interesting 🤔😜wait for it

How do think the date is gonna turn out??
Tell me what do you think 😃

I just opened a new account where I'll post news about my next book and schedule😄❤️
Follow me on Instagram @loveorrunaway_wattpad

Published on 14.01.19