I felt sad for him

Something made me take the pills he left for me because I kinda thought that it was a genuine "present" and that it would have a good effect on me.

My thoughts flew back to Matt. He was being weird these days and I don't even know why. I know that he was mad at me for not telling him that, but I think that it wasn't something that would make someone THAT mad. In fact, HE was the one who told me to be kind towards Damon and I was. Ugh, I don't know. I just have to wait and talk to him today.

I thought of stopping by at Matt's house thinking that maybe he would walk with me to the university today, as haven't seen him with Brittany these days. Maybe they decided to spend some time apart for them to be with their friends. Who knows? I can just try. It wouldn't hurt anybody.

But I was wrong.

I went to Matt's house and his mother told me that he went to the university and he left the house even earlier today. I had to talk to him today for sure and figure out what was happening to him.

I was on my way to the university when Meggy called me saying that she reserved a seat for me by her side and that she was waiting for me. I was really happy to hear that, but I still had an uneasy feeling.

I got a new friend, but I kinda lost my old friend. I tried to just push those thoughts away to be able to concentrate on the classes for now and then I will meet him at lunch and we'll figure things out.

Discourse analysis went by and I didn't even notice it. Today I didn't want to think about anything, but my studies, but unfortunately I couldn't. I was at least able to forget about my worries during the Discourse Analysis class.

"Bailey are you okay?" said Meggy with a worried expression.

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for the next two classes to end, so I can meet Matt and talk to him."

"You're worried about the talk that you're going to have, huh?"

"Actually I am because we haven't had an 'argument' like this before and it's the first time that I don't know what to say to him. I just hope that we can get through this and I hope that he tells me what's really happening to him. Something's strange about him these days."

"If there's anything I can help you with, just tell me okay?" she said smiling and caressing my back.

"Thank you Meggy, just knowing that you're by my side helps me already," I said hugging her.

The other two classes went very slowly for me. It's always like that. When you wait for something so bad it happens so slowly that you just want to die instead.

Whatever, the good side is that the two classes were over and I had a break with Matt. I called him to say that I was waiting for him in the cafeteria, but he didn't pick up. I waited for 15 minutes more and I felt that I had to do something.

I asked Meggy to stay at the cafeteria in case Matt shows up and I started searching for any of Matt's classmates to see where he is. After searching for 10 minutes I finally met Johnny and he said that Matt hasn't showed up for the class and I was shocked.

Then where was he?

A couple of minutes later he texted me that he would come to my house at 6 because we had a lot to talk about. I was relieved that I would finally be able to clear all the misunderstanding between us. I went back to the cafeteria and had a lunch with Meggy only.

Though he texted me I still couldn't get Matt out of my mind and I decided to force myself to listen to Mr.Arthur during the Music and Literature class. I sat there writing each and every word that came out of the professor's mouth and didn't let myself be distracted by anything.

After the class I called Meggy and told her that I wanted to rush home to wait for Matt. Before going home I went to a shop and got all the things we loved, including snickers, and I was ready to go home. I just wanted for us to go back to where we were before this little fight. That's why I had to do everything I could to create the atmosphere of our old friendship. I was so enthusiastic about our meeting that I even forgot about the fact that I was sick.

When all the preparations were done I looked at the clock and it was already 5:50.

Something wasn't right about this situation. I keep having the feeling that I've forgotten something today. Maybe it's just a feeling and everything's alright? Probably.

I heard the doorbell ring and I rushed to open the door. Matt was standing in front of me with many different emotions covering his face. I think that he wasn't angry anymore. Matt...angry...

Then it hit me so hard. I forgot that I had a date with Damon and I gestured "wait a sec" to Matt and went to get my phone. I typed out the message as quickly as possible for him not to come and wait for me. It was so irresponsible of me. How could you forget about this Bailey?

To: Demon

Damon I have something urgent and important to take care of. Let's postpone our date.

I got a reply 3 seconds later, it's as if he was waiting for me to text him.

From: Demon

Whatever.

I didn't understand his answer and I expected him to answer so many different things, but this. I'll just take care of him later.

"Am I gonna wait for a long time?" asked Matt reminding me that he was still standing in front of my door.

I even forgot to tell him to come in. What's with me today?

I ran back to the door stood there in front of Matt awkwardly, as if we were strangers. Then, he smiled at me and we hugged each other.

And then I saw that Damon's car has just left my house. So, he was already here waiting for me. I felt sad for him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hello my sweet friends 😊how have you been?
Today was my first day at uni😅 I was really tired, but I felt like I had to give you guys a new chapter because thanks to you I'm now #5 in thewattys 😍😍and I'm sooooo happy about that thank u guys🤩🤩🤩

What do you think is gonna happen with Bailey and Damon after she cancelled the date?

I just opened a new account where I'll post news about my next book and schedule😄❤️
Follow me on Instagram @loveorrunaway_wattpad

Published on 16.01.19