I think I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

For this chapter listen to I found (acoustic version) by Amber Run

The song was over, but we were still swaying. The song was over, but we were still looking into each other's eyes. He smiled. It wasn't a smirk, an artificial smile, it was a genuine warm smile.

Damn that smile. Damn those eyes.

Then our foreheads touched, we closed our eyes and continued dancing. There's no need for music when your hearts are already singing.

"Angel?" he asked with his eyes still closed. I knew it because when he called me I opened my eyes and closed them back.

"Hmm?"

"I don't want this date to end. I've never felt like this before."

"Me too. I feel the same way," I said while playing with his hair.

Our moment was disturbed by the vibration of his phone. He took the phone out of his packet and his expression changed immediately. He was angry with someone, but I couldn't see who it was, actually I tried, but instead of the name of the person, I only saw a dot. He declined the call and put it back into his pocket. I didn't ask any questions, hoping he would tell me what was happening, but he didn't. We wanted to continue our moment, but something didn't feel right anymore and that something was his mood. For a couple of seconds it was silent, but the vibration began again.

"Maybe it's important. Don't you want to pick up?"

"I know when it's important and when it's not. Don't tell me what to do."

Ouch. Sometimes I'm surprised by how easy it is for some people to hurt others.

He took his phone out again and left me standing there and went a little far from me. I couldn't hear what he was talking about and who he was talking to, but he was really pissed.

I sat on the grass and started looking at the stars. I remembered the night we were together on the rooftop talking about dreams and love thinking we would never go out with each other again. He interrupted my thoughts when he came back and sat next to me.

"Sorry angel, sometimes I really don't know how to control my feelings."

I turned my gaze to him and started caressing his cheek.

"It's okay, just don't do it again, because your words cut really deep. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah...Actually no...it was my dad...I'm not on good terms with him..."

It was the first time he mentioned his dad and talked about a particular member of his family in general.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, I don't. I don't want to ruin this day. I was just telling him that I wasn't gonna come home today."

"Come on demon, you're a grown-up what's with leaving the house knowing you're gonna come back? Okay whatever. Where are you gonna stay then?"

"Well...that brings me to my next point...I wanted to ask you whether I could stay with you."

"Okay."

"WHAT? WHAT? HOW? REALLY? WHAT?HUH?"

"One question at a time Mr.Questionmark."

"Did you just agree that I could stay with you tonight?"

"Uh huh. Why are you that surprised? I don't get it," I said with a confused face.

"Well, you're a girl you know and I thought that you would freak out and tell me to go back home or to sleep in one of my friend's house, but oh girl you surprised me real hard."