I was bleeding inside and out

It slowly started raining, but I still didn't want to go and that was fro certain. No matter how much it rained, I wouldn't leave his place. I would lie if I said that I didn't expect him to show up and tell me that it was okay, that we could just forgive each other and move on from this incident. But who was I kidding? It wouldn't happen for sure.

I leaned my head towards a gate-like thing, not even caring that it could be dirty or something. I closed my eyes waiting for him and also kinda freezing from the rain and the wind that touched my skin from time to time.

When I opened my eyes, I wasn't outside anymore, I wasn't wet either, except for my jeans. I was in a room wrapped in a warm blanket with a cup of tea on the nightstand next to me. Did he bring me in? Before I could answer this question in my head, he came in, with a cold expression on his face.

"Thank you Damon," was the only thing I could say at the moment.

"I changed your shirt, so you don't get cold, but didn't do the same with your jeans so you don't think I raped you or something."

"Hahah, no I wouldn't think that for sure. Thank you so much."

"Drink your tea and you can leave."

"Damon we need to talk. We can't continue like this."

"Bailey don't think that if I let you in then I forgave you. It's just that I'm a human after all. Nothing personal here."

I got up from the bed and just when he wanted to leave I grabbed his hand this time.

"Damon please, let's talk this out. Both of us were wrong, yes, but we need to talk about it. Leaving this topic as it is won't change anything. It'll only complicate it even more."

"Bailey, mine wasn't doing wrong, I was just playing," he said still being cold as an iceberg.

"Why were playing that game anyway when I wasn't there Damon? Why would you even want to kiss anyone else if you like me?"

"Oh really? Same question goes to you."

"I kissed him because I felt betrayed, I didn't think you would kiss another person when you said you liked me Damon."

"Is that what you think right path is? Getting angry at something that YOU yourself did a couple of minutes later. Woah! Smart Bailey, really smart," he said clapping his hands.

"Okay. You know what I'll just go now. This conversation won't lead us anywhere. We just need to cool down for a while."

I went to get my jacket that was drying off next to the nightstand. When I wanted to put the jacket on it hit the mug with the hot tea inside. All the pieces of the cup fell down the floor and I started gathering them, pissed at myself that this had this happened at this inconvenient moment.

"Let it go Bailey. I will do that after you're gone."

It's interesting how our love resembled the broken cup right now. We had something warm inside our relationship, but now that this cup is broken, all the warmth and heat is gone and only emptiness is what we're left with.

I didn't listen to him and just continued gathering the pieces and cut myself.

"Oops," I said when I saw the blood dropping from my hand.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel the pain, maybe it was because there was a bigger pain inside of me at the moment.

"You never listen, do you?" he said walking towards me to see what happened.

"No, don't touch me. A couple of seconds ago you acted like you didn't care at all and now you suddenly care, huh? I'll go, and while I'm walking out of your house just look at the blood drip from my hand and imagine what's happening inside of me, because that's an accurate representation of it.