I couldn't believe my eyes

I went back to the cafeteria where everyone was already waiting for me with food in front of them. Suddenly I remembered that I told them I was going to buy juice for myself. Okay okay, I'll just tell them that there was no more left and I didn't want to take another one.

"Didn't you go to buy juice? Did you meet your "AMAZING" boyfriend and forget about it?" Shay said in a cute, but very artificial voice, you could still feel her hatred towards Damon in her voice.

Wait until you make up with Elijah and then we'll see if you hate my boyfriend or not.

"You know I actually thought of someone who could be your date for today's party, but as you're offending my boyfriend, I'll actually leave it a secret."

"Wait wait wait, tell me about him. You know I actually wanted my date to be really tall, to have blond hair and also green eyes. Please tell me that I'm correct and the guy you picked for me meets the criteria," she said looking at me with glowing eyes full of expectation. She looked at me like a child who wants to get her mother's permission to buy a lollipop.

"Uhm...yeah, he does, he certainly does," I said remembering Elijah's dark hair and grey eyes. At least he was tall, so I wasn't completely lying to her, right?

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaa," she screamed in a way that the whole cafeteria turned to look at us.

Matt, Meggy and I turned our heads to kind of mentally transport ourselves to a place where we wouldn't be as embarrassed as we are right now.

"Anyway, Bailes I bought you lunch so that you don't waste time on standing in line, because as you can see today it's even worse, people are even standing outside the cafeteria," said Matt pushing a platter in my direction.

"Awwww Matty, you're the cutest human being in the world," I said seeing that all my favorite things from the menu are on the platter.

Matt blushed and smiled at me, while Meggy smiled at him. She wouldn't be able to forget him that easily. She thinks that going on dates with other guys will take his place in her heart, but it was so wrong. That place has belonged to him for so long that now it won't even let anyone else to occupy it even for a short period of time.

Meggy was silent, but then again, she was always the most silent one among us. But her silence spoke more than others' words. Like, for example, her beautiful sad smile and her hopeless romantic eyes told me so much more than if she said something at the moment.

"Hey Meggy, you're coming to my house, right? We gotta look awesome tonight! We're gonna party so hard!"

"I...actually I want you to meet me at the party...This time I want to look a bit different and I would like to see your genuine reaction, without you seeing me in the process too. Would that be okay?"

"Wow girl, now that's intriguing. Yeah, that's totally fine. Besides, I was going to leave the house earlier as Damon wants to help him with the preparations, so I probably wouldn't even be able to help you," I said winking at her. I wonder if that's Julian's influence, her wanting to try something different, to play with her appearance and possible appearances. I wouldn't say that's bad though. Let's see how she'll look.

"Okaaaaaay, so all the problems are solved and I'm gonna go to class in 10 minutes...aaaaand we'll see each other at the party, well, except for Shay cause we're going home together."

"Oh and Bay? We actually have another problem," Matt mumbled scratching his neck.

"Oh come on! Is there any time in this life when you solve all your problems and don't get additional ones? What is it? And don't tell me that you have an assignment and you won't make it, because I swear to God I will take this knife and-"