I fell asleep in his arms

A few days passed and I still couldn't calm that nervousness inside of me. I thought that maybe it was because I was scared for Meggy. I know that I said before that the fact that she was happy mattered the most and that I wouldn't think about that anymore. But I couldn't. I decided to talk to her about that. Matt was a really great guy and it could be her chance of being with the person she wanted to be with for such a long time. It was her chance. I thought that she probably needed more time to think about her decision.

So she came to my house when I was alone and I was the one who opened that conversation.

"Hey Meggy."

"Hey Bailey...Did something happen? You kinda sound and look worried."

"I wanted to talk to you about something. About Julian."

In her eyes I saw that she didn't want us to talk about that, but I couldn't go back from this decision anymore. She lowered her eyes to the ground and sighed.

"Bailey...we already talked about that already. I don't want us to have the same conversation over and over again.

"I don't want us to have the same talk, I just want to remind you to think about that decision one more time," I said approaching her and taking her hand into mine.

"Bailey what made you think that I didn't think this decision over and over again for thousand times? I've thought about it so many times that sometimes I thought I would go crazy."

"I'm sorry Meggy, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.I just wanted you to rethink because you could have what you have wanted to have for such a long time. Matt isn't with Brittany anymore and he actually doesn't seem to mind it at all. Haven't you thought that his heart might be available now, that you might be able to have a place in his heart?" I said looking into her eyes and I saw that tears started forming in her eyes.

"No, no I haven't thought about it," she said taking her hand out of mines and turning away from me.

"Why?"

"Because...because..."

"What Meggy? You can tell me everything, you know that."

"Because he loves YOU. Because he has always been in love with YOU and only YOU," she turned back to me crying.

"What are you talking about Meggy? No no no, that's nothing, we're best friends, we're like siblings. Whatever you're telling me is bullsh*t."

"No Bailey, it's not," she said wiping her tears, "it's not bullsh*t and you'll know that if you think about it more. Yes, I loved him and yes I love him now too, but I just can't...I just can't continue loving him for years expecting that some day he might love me back...I'm tired Bailey I'm so tired of waiting that one day he might notice me...but there's also a possibility that he never will right?"

"No Meggy, it just can't be true. Why would you even think that?"

"Bailey, you're the only one who doesn't know about that and who hasn't noticed that. You haven't noticed how he looks at you, how he's worried about you every second of his life, how he got jealous every time you were with Damon...at some point I just realized that I couldn't continue like that and that I had to move on...I'm working very hard to forget him...I'm trying very hard, because..."

"Because?"

"Because if I don't get rid of my feelings for Matt I might start disliking you Bailey, because I don't know why he keeps doing that if he doesn't see any reciprocity in you..." she continued crying loudly.

"M-Meggy...I-I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry to hear all of this, I didn't know that I caused you so much pain by talking about it and by not realizing Matt's feelings towards me. I actually don't want to believe that he has feelings towards me and we have to make sure that you're right about his feelings...I'm sorry," I said with tears in my eyes too.