I had to do something about it

Elijah looked at her silently and from the look on his face I could say that he wasn't even going to say anything.

"Elijah? Aren't you going to say something?" Shay said coming closer to him.

He still wasn't going to say something, it was obvious now. It was even more awkward for me, because I didn't know how they knew each other and I couldn't even interrupt their conversation. I tried touching Shay with my arm telling her that we should go now, it's not the best timing as she could see. She pushed my arm away and went even closer to Elijah.

"Come on Elijah, talk to me. I hope you've been doing well all these years," she said asking with her facial expression to at least answer that.

"Good," he said looking down and leaving us.

"Come on Shay let's go. We have a class now," I took her hand and made her follow me because she was standing with a sad look on her face. I knew it was awkward for her and she wouldn't want anyone to see how she was "rejected", especially me. I always thought that she could get any guy and anyone she wanted would speak to her. But I didn't know 1 thing, that she probably didn't care enough about them. Judging from the situation that happened seconds ago, the person that she herself wanted to talk to, didn't want to talk to her at all.

She followed me quietly, which was so unlike her. She was always the one to talk without every stopping, literally. I wish I had her energy sometimes. I would've inputted the energy that she inputs in talking into something more important, like studying for instance.

"I didn't know he would be so rude. Such a jerk. Well yeah, it's logical...constantly communicating with his friends would sooner or later turn him into jerks like them too..."

"Don't call him that...I deserved it..."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I said not looking at her and walking towards my classroom.

"NO! Well, at least not right now..."

"Okay then...are you coming to class with me or do you wanna wait for me in the cafeteria?"

"The second option sounds better, don't wanna go to class when I have the chance not to," she said winking at me. At that moment her expression changed so quickly that it seemed like she wasn't sad moments ago, it wasn't her with a half-depressed face, disappointed that a guy didn't want to talk to her.

"Okay, do as you wish. Keep in touch with me and oh by the way don't leave the cafeteria because we won't have a table for lunch later. Stay there," I said pointing my finger at her so that she's attentive to what I'm saying. Sometimes she says 'yeah yeah yeah' and then doesn't do it. But the cafeteria table issue is an important one, this just can't be ignored or not paid attention to.

"First of all, don't tell me what to do baby sis, and second of all, I'll do it, but not because you told me to, but because I WANT to have a cute table during lunch."

"Whatever," I said going to my class.

It was Discourse Analysis and Dr. Wilson was even early for the class, as always. Honestly, Dr.Wilson has always been my idol in terms of being organized, I think he's the most organized person I have ever met. He never and when I say never I really mean NEVER misses a class.

I decided not to think about the party for now, at least I tried not to. I had to concentrate on the classes, because I didn't focus on them as much as I had to and as much as I did in the past. Moreover, the midterms are a few weeks away, so I had to be prepared.

Dr. Wilson's class ended and it was the time for my next class, Persuasive writing. Persuasion is really important these days. If you pay attention, most of the things that we face on a daily basis are in one way or another persuading us to do something. Be that a commercial, a poster, a product in a store or a movie. That's why I like this course a lot, I think it teaches me the skills that I know I'll use and I know are very relevant to our days.