I couldn't forget his face

Though I felt sad for the demon, I knew that at the moment I needed my friend and my friend needed me. We sat on the sofa and as if we were strangers we couldn't start to each other.

"So...where have you been today? Why weren't you at the university?" I decided to start seeing that he wasn't going to make the first step of our conversation.

"I was was just taking a walk and thinking. I wanted to kind of categorize all the thoughts I had and understand what I was going to tell you today."

"Oh," was the only thing that I was able to say at that moment. I didn't even know why our relationship has become so weird and artificial.

"Bailey I want us to talk about the day that we had a 'fight'..."

"Look Matt, I'm sorry okay? I know that I should've told you about the-" he cut me off.

"No Bay listen, you don't have to apologize. It's been a couple of days that I spend my time alone and try to understand myself. I thought a lot about what happened that day and I want you to know that you're not wrong. If I tell you about my relationships it doesn't mean that you have to do the same," he said in a very calm way.

I kind of felt sadness in his voice.

"It's not that Matt. The thing is that we didn't have any relationship or something like that. It was just a kiss that didn't mean anything neither to me nor to him. Actually, I was so surprised by that action of his that I didn't tell that to anybody. I knew that you wouldn't like to know that and that would make you angry."

"So you decided not to tell me and hide the truth? Is that a right decision? What do you think?"

"Matt...I...I really don't know why you're being like this. You know that I love you very much and don't you think that everyone has something they don't want to share with anyone?"

"So you didn't tell that to Meghan either? About the kiss," he said sounding kind of angry.

"No. She didn't know about that either. I only told you after the moment you left because she didn't understand why you left. Is that what it is about? Are you jealous of Meghan? Matt it doesn't make any sense!" I said laughing.

"Is that a joke to you Bailey? Everything was okay with me and you until she arrived and took you away from me."

"What are you talking about Matt? Are you crazy? She didn't do anything at all. She even...You don't even know that she..." I wanted to tell him so much that she likes him like crazy and now he blames her for taking me away from him. If anything, she's gonna take HIM away from ME. But I'm okay with that.

"That she what Bailey?"

"Never mind okay? I didn't want to make it about these relationships, but actually the problem isn't in me."

"So, now you're referring that the problem is in me?"

"Not directly. Look Matt, you know that I want you to be happy and stuff, but from the moment that you've been with Brittany you completely forgot about me. I really appreciate that you came and fought with the jerks to help Damon, but that was almost the only moment that I've seen you after officially dating her."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"Matt can't you just once admit that you might be at fault as well?"

"It's not like that. Look, you could've told me that okay?"

"You can't even admit it right now, but what makes you think that you would've admitted if it was sooner? You would still be like this. Besides, I saw how deeply you wanted to be with her. I couldn't make you choose between me or her," I looked at him with disappointment. I couldn't understand how my understanding and caring decision could be interpreted this way?