I just had to know what they talked about

At the moment my life just felt like a movie the scenario of which I couldn't control in any way because I was just a mere, lame character in it. My best friends were asleep at my house, my cousin appeared in front of me out of nowhere, I kissed my ex, and my boyfriend and I hurt each other in all the possible ways. What kind of a scenario is that? The worst part was that this was going to get even more chaotic and Shay's sentence was already a proof of that.

How did they know each other? What was happening right now?

I turned to look at Damon's face to understand whether he recognized her or not, but at first his face was as confused as mine. But in comparison to mine, his face changed quickly a couple of seconds later into a very surprised and maybe a scared one.

"Do you know each other?" was my question, the answer of which was a pretty obvious one, I just wanted to hear a, let's say, wider explanation or a clarification from them.

"Duh B, obviously I know this jerk and by the way you know him too."

"What do you mean I know him too? Of course I know hi-" I wanted to finish my sentence, but was cut off by Damon who was kind of confused and also a little panicked, back then I didn't know why.

"Oh wow, you said you're Shay, right? Come here, I have to talk to you, in private," he said gesturing to my house.

"So you came to talk to her? In MY house? Am I the third wheel or something here? Should I just leave or something?" I said putting my hand on my hand, tapping nervously on the floor with my foot and putting an even more pissed expression on my face.

"No, no, no, listen angel, wait here for a second and I'll be back to talk to you," he said gesturing for me to stop with his hand.

So now they were telling me to stay outside,, while they are going into MY house. How long is this crazy movie gonna last?

I was so shocked that I actually forgot that Meggy and Matt were at the house, as we were partying before the situation got even more complicated. So, I was so interested to find out how they would open the door, if they don't know there are people in there. Following that logic, I'm basically the only one who can open the door, but they don't think about it as Damon took Shay by her arm and walked towards the closed door. When they reached the door and realized that it couldn't be open when I was outside, they decided to do the opposite, to push me to open the door and go inside while they talked outside.

I let them talk in peace, because I knew that I would get the truth from them as soon as possible. I wouldn't let this bizarre moment slide like this, without consequences. Meanwhile, I went in and wanted to prepare my friends for the tornado called Shay Parker. I also had to tell them why I didn't stay at home and went to Damon's place at night. So much talking and the day has just started. It would've been so much better, if today was a working day, so that I would be able to escape all of this talk and just go have fun at my classes. But no, luck's not on my side today.

The situation was so chaotic that I have forgotten about the blood dripping my hand. Fortunately, my wound wasn't that big and I got the chance to take care of it first thing when I got inside. Meggy was so shocked to see me wounded and simply sad bad-looking, that she couldn't find the words to say something.

When she, supposedly and finally, find the right words to say something Matt ran to me as quickly as possible and took my hand into his.

"What is this Bailey? Where have you been? Who hurt you? Tell me the name and that jerk won't live on this planet more than 3 seconds!!! It's that jerk, isn't it? It's Damon, right!??! HE did this to you Bailey!!! Answer woman!"

"Matt, if you're not giving me the chance to answer, how do you expect me to answer your questions? No, you're wrong, he didn't do this to me, this was just an accident."

"Bailey, do you think I'm stupid to believe that? Is that what you think of me? You think that I'm easy to lie to, huh? Okay, so be it Bailey," he said in an angered voice wanting to leave.

"Come on Matt, don't do this to me. At least you have to listen to me, you're my best friend. Listen, I really appreciate that you care about me, you want to protect me, but now you're not listening to me and that's what I need the most at the moment. I want someone to simply listen to what I have to say and believe me. "

Matt's expression slowly came back to normal and he was ready to listen to me now. I felt it.

"Ok, sorry, go ahead," he said sitting on the sofa.

All this time Meggy was silent, but he came to the sofa too, to listen what happened when all the common and normal people are sleeping tightly in their beds. I started telling them every detail about what happened from the moment I kissed Lucas till the moment I came back home.

I won't lie, they were really really shocked about some of the stuff I told them and didn't even know which one to react to. I left them to sit there, analyze all the information and to ask me their questions, while I went towards the window to see what was happening outside.

I saw that Shay and Damon were still talking to each other. What were they talking about for such a long time? I would kill to know. I just have to find a way to know. Ugh whatever. Instead of thinking of an incredible plan, I decided to try deciphering Damon's emotions.

I remember that when he just went to talk to Shay he was in a good mood, confident, but it wasn't the case now. He was really serious and from time to time he was even getting surprised at some of the things that Shay told him. Actually, she was the one who spoke more. What did she even have to tell him? It's so annoying that I can't really read it by looking at their lips.

Suddenly, Damon put his both hands on his head, stressed and shocked by something that Shay said and then he put his hands on his face slowly sliding them down. He shook his head as in "no" or something like that, turned around and slowly walked away.

What? Didn't he want to talk to me too? What the hell just happened?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hey bunnies 🐰 hope you've been healthy and safe💪🏻💪🏻 I've been getting so many comments asking me to upload a chapter as quickly as possible and that was so sweet😍😍I'm so touched that you're waiting for my chapter guys 😭❤️it really means a lot to me

Btw I've finally graduated from uni 👩🏼‍🎓🥳Not the most interesting graduation with this virus, but anyway💁🏼‍♀️

Also, guys please follow my quotes account @loveorrunaway on Insta🙏🏻pleeease help me grow and maybe I'll even start posting updates abiut my story there❤️but please follow me and I hope you won't regret it🤗

Also, keep voting, reading and commenting please as that motivates and inspires me the most😍🤩you guys are awesome👏🏻

I just opened a new account where I'll post news about my next book and schedule😄❤️
Follow me on Instagram @loveorrunaway_wattpad

See you next Sunday the latest💋

Love ya

Published on 24.05.20