I had to see her

For this chapter you can listen to Damien Rice's Delicate)) I think it fits the mood of the chapter)

Damon's POV

There was something else that was eating me on the inside, but I just wouldn't think about it for sure. I would avoid those thoughts as much as possible. If people knew about this, they would've said that that if I'm avoiding those thoughts, then I'm a weak person and now maybe I am.

I knew what I needed now the most. A drink. I needed to feel numb, I just don't want to think now. People are constantly inventing some new technological stuff, but they still couldn't come up with a machine that would turn off thoughts or that would temporarily take away the thoughts that we don't want to have in our heads at the moment.

I went to the store and bought 5 bottles of beer and started drinking. I drank and I drank and I drank again. I couldn't wait until the moment I wouldn't be able to think about all of this. Why didn't I recognize her? How could I? I could describe every part of her body right now even if I don't see her in front of me, even if I close my eyes. Still don't understand how I didn't recognize and how she didn't say anything.

I was drinking and walking at the same time.

I put the first bottle aside and opened the second one. I remembered how I hurt her by sleeping with Jenna. I slept with her, though you couldn't even call it sleeping, because we kinda stopped in the middle. I didn't want to sleep with her. I couldn't even understand how I slept with her in the past. I must've been really lonely to do that. I only agreed to sleep with her so that she would leave Bailey alone. Of course, I am there to protect her, but I'm not with her every second of her life and Jenna said she would ruin her life because she "stole" me from her or whatever.

I finished the second bottle of beer and by the time I did I was already near my house. I sat somewhere on the ground and opened the third bottle. I was drinking without stopping and the only thing that stopped me at the moment was my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and saw that it was Julian.

Nah, didn't wanna talk to him right now. I declined the call and put it beside me. I didn't want anyone to talk to me right now and didn't want anyone to see me like this. I had to be alone. I was halfway through the third bottle my phone vibrated again and this time it was Owen.

"Damn, stop calling me," I shouted declining his call as well.

I opened the 4th bottle of beer and when I was slowly trying to bring it closer to my lips someone snatched it from me and started drinking it instead of me.

"Give it back Julian!" I screamed in his direction.

"Dude, wassup? Whatch'a doing here? Why are you even drinking alone? I could use a drink too by the way. Such an egoist," he said laughing.

"Julian, I guess he wanted to be alone. He's sad or something," Owen said bowing to look at my face from a closer distance.

I pushed his face away.

"Well if you got that before, why the hell did you come anyway?" I asked them and they seemed to ignore me at first.

"Because I wanted a drink too," answered Julian minutes later sipping from my bottle of beer.

"What's goin' on Damon?" asked Elijah.

"Give me another bottle of beer," I said gesturing to the other 10 bottles I've bought.

Elijah passed me one and I opened it. I hoped that they wouldn't ask me again about what happened, but all of them were staring at me expecting me to answer the question.