I remembered that I was a student too

For updates on chapters follow my Insta account @loveorrunaway_wattpad 😊❤️

I really wanted to sleep, but decided to do my homework instead. I looked at the submission place and saw that 2 hours have passed after the deadline. But this wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that I haven't even started the assignment yet. I had to write it in the best way possible, because the fact that I didn't submit it on time already results in deduction of points.

I had to write a paper for Discourse Analysis course, and, believe me, this assignment was going to take a couple of hours. I was so sleepy, that I thought I wouldn't be able to concentrate, maybe it was because I lost a lot of energy today. Or maybe it was because it was 1 AM. Or both. I decided to make myself coffee, not to fall asleep in the middle of the assignment.

I went downstairs and before going to the kitchen I noticed that Shay fell asleep on the sofa, which was surprising because she always likes comfort. It wasn't like her to fall asleep on a sofa or on the couch, it wasn't a "Shay style" thing to do, you know. I approached her slowly without making any kind of noise, as I didn't want to wake her up. I took a blanket from the couch and before covering up I noticed something very interesting. She fell asleep while typing a message. I could barely keep myself from laughing. Her finger was pressing the letter "k" non-stop. If you tried to scroll the text, I think it would've taken you hours. I wonder what that person might be feeling, seeing the word "typing" for like half an hour or something on their screen under Shay's name. I knew I had to keep this moment in our memory and I also knew that she would kill me for doing that. But who cares?

I took out my phone out of my pocket and took a picture of her. I'm so awesome, tomorrow morning's gonna be a fun day. After praising myself and loving myself for a couple of seconds, I decided to stop and continue what I was going to do. I tried taking the phone out of her hand, but she changed her facial expression into a pissed one, held the phone stronger and turned to the side.

Well, I tried at least. I covered her with a blanket and went upstairs. If I were to categorize people, I would but them into 2 categories. The first, are people who have an incredible memory, they remember hundreds of pages of history books, they remember different interesting stories and facts. In a sentence, they just don't forget stuff or maybe even anything. And then, there's people like me, or as I call it "Dory people", who forget so much and so quickly and you probably already know what I'm talking about.

I went upstairs, I sat down, thought about my assignment for 20 minutes or so and then remembered that I went downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee, not to take a picture of sleeping Shay and cover her with a blanket.

I went back to the kitchen and started making myself coffee. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out to see who it was. I smiled when I saw that it was from Damon.

"What are you doing babe? Are you asleep?"

I texted him that I was making coffee for myself and put my phone back in my pocket. I took my coffee and sipping it twice went upstairs. My phone started vibrating again and this time I knew it wasn't a text message, but a call. I smiled, it was him again.

"Hey baby," he said in a sleepy, husky and extremely sexy voice.

"Hey," I answered.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm drinking coffee to be able to write my assignment," I said yawning.

"Don't do it, just sleep babe," he said yawning after me.

"Can't do that, I already lost a couple of points just because I forgot that I had to submit it today. The only thing I was thinking about was...ugh..." I said stopping myself at the right time, but he noticed it.