Fresh Start

Hello again, Lovelies
I appreciate you all waiting for so long for me😭😭😭💜
Thank you all so much for 211K reads! You all are beautiful people

Jimin's POV

I spin to a stop, panting and sweating, my arm quivering slightly as I extend it outward to finish the routine. 

"Perfect!" I hear Tae shout as he stops the recording. 

"Oof." I pant, falling to the floor. "I'm so tired." I chuckle. "Did the video show me shaking?" I pant, looking up at him as he bends over, looking down at me. 

"Come on." He chuckles, lending me a hand. 

We watch the footage and talk about what pieces can be cut and which things he can change or enhance with editing.

"It really looks incredible. I'm very happy with how it's turning out." He smiles at me as he shuts out the lights to Mr. Jeon's studio, opening the door for me. 

"I'm glad you're liking it. I feel like I keep messing it all up." I blush. 

"Not at all. You're a great dancer. That's why I asked you." He flirts, leaning into me slightly as we walk. 

I bite my lip, smiling to myself as we walk toward the dorm building. 

"Anyways," I say, breaking the silence once we enter the building. "I better head to bed. I have Mr. Jeon's class first thing in the morning." I explain. 

"Oh..." I can't help but notice how disappointed he sounds. "Well...can't  you hang out for just a little longer?" He asks cutely. 

"Aish..." I blush. "I...I dunno. I mean, I don't want to get you in trouble-"

"You won't." He cuts me off, smiling. "I promise."

"What will we do?" I chuckle. "It's about to be curfew."

He's quiet for a moment as he thinks.

"Well..." He scratches his neck. "Do you wanna come hang out in my dorm?" He asks and I gulp. 

"B-But what about your roommate?" I ask. 

"I don't have one."  

"Oh..." I can't help but fill with  both and anxiety and giddiness all at once. "I...sure." I finally say. 

"Good." He smiles, nodding his head back toward the opposite wing of the building where the third years stay. 

I follow him up the stairs and down the long corridor that leads to his room. I smile to myself, thinking about how I got my room mixed up on the first day I came here. 

Gently he unlocks the door, letting me inside first. 

"Do you want something to drink?" He asks, and I know he's talking about alcohol but I really shouldn't.

"I'm alright." I say with a soft smile as I sit down on his couch. 

The third year dorms are much bigger than the first year dorms, and not to mention, his room is even bigger since he doesn't have a roommate taking up the other half. 

I look at all of his photographs that he has taped onto the walls. Many of them are of his years in the academy, and a few are of friends and him. 

Sadly, I notice the blunt which appears in almost every photograph with  his friends, and there's almost always a drink in his hand in all the others. 

"I should get new ones." He says, suddenly appearing behind me. 

"W-Why?" I ask. 

"Well you see," He sighs, peeling off one of the ones with his friends where he looks particularly high. "I'm not that same person...and all these pictures do is remind me of what I'm trying to get away from."

I think over this.

"But then, aren't they also here to remind you of what you don't want to go back to?" I ask, feeling very relieved that he's changing his habits. 

"I guess." He chuckles, putting the picture back on the wall.

I can see the sadness on his face when he looks at them...

"Here." I say cheerfully, looking around for where his Polaroid might be. I find it on his dresser and quickly I pick it up. "Smile." I say, pulling him close as I push the button. 

A bright flash blinks and my eyes hurt for a minute until it finally subsides and I'm able to take out the picture and look at it. 

"It takes a minute to develop." Tae explains as we look at the picture slowly taking color. "Let's look at it when you go." He says, taking it from me and setting it aside, along with the camera. 

"O-Okay." I smile. 

"Come sit by me." He says, sitting on the couch. 

I look at him slyly. "What for?" A little smile breaks out on my lips. 

"Come on~" He chuckles and slowly I walk toward him, sitting next to him. "So tell me about you." He says, turning to face me. 

"Aish~" I sigh, curling up a little as I think over myself. "What do you want to know?" I ask. 

"Anything....everything."

"Hmm...." I look sideways at him. "Be more specific." 

"Alright, alright." He chuckles. "Where did you grow up?"

"Busan." I answer. "My family lives in a smaller section of the city. It's less busy there. What about you?"

"Well," He sighs. "I was born in Daegu, however, I've kind of lived everywhere. This is my fifth time living in France. I've been to America many times, and I've been basically everywhere in South Korea." He explains. "The world is just kind of my backyard I guess." 

"I wish that was how I grew up!" I gasp. "You must have so many adventures!" 

"I guess." He shrugs, smiling to himself a little. "It didn't really help with my ability to make friends though."

"What are you talking about?!" I shove his shoulder gently. "You're like one of the most popular guys in school!"

"Well yeah, but not really for good reasons. Ya know?"  He frowns slightly and I suddenly feel bad for even bringing it up. 

"Well...I think you're cool." I say, smiling lightly. 

~Time Skip~

"But then what happened?!" I say, laughing so hard I can barely see. 

"Then he just was like "Okay...whatever works for you"." Tae finishes telling me the story and together we laugh till we're crying. 

Just then I catch the time out the corner of my eye on this clock. 

"Aish," I dry my eyes. "It's almost 1 am. I should go back to my dorm." I yawn, standing up. 

"Well, thank you for staying. I had a really good time." He smiles at me, putting his hands in his pockets as he stands up. 

"So did I." I smile. "Oh! Let's look at the picture." I walk past him, picking up the tiny picture. 

I smile at the product. 

"Is it bad?" He asks, leaning over my shoulder to look at it. 

"No. It's cute." I smile. 

The lighting was just right...and now it's one of my favorite pictures. 

Silently I walk toward his wall, taking a piece of tape from his tape dispenser as I put the new picture right in the middle. 

"A fresh start." I smile. 

*******************************

I'm sorry for my impossibly long break, and I know many of you are probably disappointed because I came back with Vmin. 

I'm not a vmin fan. I only ship Jikook (All my long term lovelies know I will never write any other story than a jikook story) 

I love you all so much!
Please try to stay patient with me as I try to get better physically and mentally!

BTW we're reaching the end of First Year and will soon start Second Year

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜