Augmentation de la tension

Thank you all so much for 630K Reads! WooHoo! 💜💜💜💜

Mr. Jeon's POV

As classes proceed and the students get ready for their first duet assignment, I find myself letting go day by day. More than once I find myself staring at Mr. Park and having to hide my smile when he catches my gaze.

It feels as though I'm a teenager again, like we're in some kind of unspoken flirtation-ship.

"Very good. Keep with the tempo." I say to the classes as they practice their Fish Dives. I catch a glimpse of a few of the boys struggling to hold up the weight of the girls. I snap back into teacher mode. "You boys need to be putting in your required hours at the gym! You can't expect your partners to starve themselves to death just to make it so that you don't have to put in any effort! If I can't see the veins pulsating in your biceps by the time you leave Second Year, you're not going to make it in Third Year!" I state coldly.

I watch as Mr. Park struggles to do a proper Fish Dive with his partner.

Sigh...he's just too short. It doesn't matter how much time he puts in the gym, he just has limitations that he won't be able to overcome- Just then I realize that he isn't wearing his pointe shoes.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and try to decide between talking to him later about it or turning off the music and asking him now.

My finger hovers over the pause button but a part of me...the part that's soft for Mr. Park tells me not to.

I try not to focus on him for the rest of class as he butchers the rest of the dance.

Why wouldn't he wear his shoes? He's aware of his height as much as anyone else is...doesn't he know that he's only going to make things worse by practicing incorrectly?

I wonder if he'll end up dancing as a female role or as a solo artist in the future. Yes, there are some plays which display two men dancing together but it's not very often unless it's in combat, and even then it's more about leaping. I'm sure he would do very well in a gay love story, but the company doesn't usually put those on display for the public. He'd ultimately have to leave the company and go work somewhere far less important if he wanted to pursue that.

I continue to think to myself as the morning part of class finishes up.

Mila's POV

I watch from the corner of my eye to see what Mr. Jeon is looking so intensely at. I don't get it. These days he seems so deep in thought. He hardly even watches what the student's are doing. I mean, if he was watching what we were doing, wouldn't he have stopped Jimin by now and told him to just stop trying?

This isn't the cold Blooded Jeon Jungkook I once knew. I wonder what's changed.

My partner is fine I suppose, we finish the routine and get excused for class, but before we leave, I hear Mr. Jeon say "Except you, Mr. Park. Please stay behind for a moment."

I exit the room with everyone else, but I keep the door slightly propped so I can hear what's going on.

I can see Mr. Jeon sigh and walk toward his chair, waving Jimin over.

"Where are your shoes?" He asks Jimin, and I can see Jimin twisting his hands into nervous fists behind his back as he avoids Mr. Jeon's eyes.

"I'm wearing them-" Jimin tries to say, but Mr. Jeon snaps at him.
I don't understand what the problem is...Jimin's wearing the proper men's attire, what's Mr. Jeon's deal?

"Stop messing around. Where are your pointe shoes?" Mr. Jeon says, crossing his arms and legs as he looks up at Jimin coldly.

"Don't you think it's time that I stop wearing them?" Jimin mumbles. "I mean...none of the other guys have to wear them and I'm much better now-"