~The Bedroom Scene~

Thank you all so much for 667K reads!
After 2 months of trying to write this chapter, I hope you all enjoy it.
It's the longest chapter I've ever written!
And for all of you that are og lovelies, you know what ~~ sign means 💜

Jimin's POV:

I sit on the floor of the classroom, doing my stretches when Mr. Jeon briskly comes walking through the door.

Everyone scrambles to get into position for class.

"Good morning, everyone."  He says, giving us a little half smile. "I have some incredible news." In his hand he holds a sheet of paper, which looks to be an email. "I received this, this morning from Mr. White; listen closely."

Eunwoo and I catch a glance at each other, both looking to see if the other knew what was going on.

"Dear Mr. Jeon,
As you know, the board hosts an annual competition for all company dancers to see who will be cast in the upcoming years' performance of Romeo and Juliet. I was pleasantly surprised watching your students' finals at the end of First Year; therefore, I would like to extend the invitation to compete to your Second Year class." The class gasps and everyone begins to chatter quietly to those next to him. I can't help but look across the room and Eunwoo and smile. This is such an incredible opportunity! "The students will be competing alongside the other principal dancers and will not be given special treatment. As such, they should be prepared that they may or may not be cast in the play. However, I feel that the experience would be extremely beneficially for all of them nonetheless.
With you in success,
Mr. White."

"But, isn't it pretty pointless to audition when the other principal dancers have more experience and clout with the company than we do?" One of the boy's ask.

With a sigh, Mr. Jeon sits down onto his worn wooden stool; folding the paper.

"I know situations like this can seem pointless, but what are you people here for? Not to snap your fingers and imminently be good. Sure, that's what every dancer wants, but this isn't some fairy tale. We put in the work so that others watching can enjoy the fairy tale. You learn significantly more from being rejected than from being accepted. Therefore, even if all of you audition and all of you get rejected, in my book that counts as a victory."

We all nod, weighing our options.

"The real question is, how long are you guys going to stay in the kitty pool? You all theoretically know how to swim, but you're not going to be any good at it until you get into the deep end. I won't require you to audition, but I would very much like to come to class in two weeks and be informed that my entire class has gone to audition."

"Um..." I raise my hand gingerly.

"Mr. Park." He calls on me, crossing his arms.

"...for those  of us that do want to audition, would it be possible for us to spend time in class going over the choreography?"

He sighs and thinks to himself for a moment. Suddenly Eunwoo chimes in,

"I think that's fair." Mr. Jeon is quick to look up and glare at him. "I mean, we don't  even know the choreography, and although I appreciate your speech Mr. Jungkook, I'm not the type to jump into the deep end unless I know I have a fighting chance."

The students all nod in agreement with him.

"Hmmm..." He thinks for a minute, looking over the class. "Alright...I'll make you all a deal. Let's say, hypothetically, I provide you all with two weeks of preparing for your auditions, therefore giving you your... fighting chance; as Mr. Cha Eunwoo so outwardly put for us." He rolls his eyes at Eunwoo. "In return you all must audition. No excuses."