Summer Break pt. 2

Thank you all so much for 402K! You all are amazing! 
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Jimin's POV

As everyone in the school packs and gets ready to go home for the Summer Break, I can't help but feel empty inside. I've only been here a year, and yet I've grown completely attached to this place...and the people inside it. 

I pass Taehyung in the halls, and he looks away from me as his friends clamor down the hall beside him. People rush here and there excitedly, knowing that in a little while they'll be home. But...what if they could never be back here?...

What if they were like me...and this was the last time they'd be walking inside this dorm building?...

I've been avoiding Eunwoo at all costs...I don't want to tell him goodbye, and I don't want to say goodbye to the school either. 

Yet, knowing Eunwoo, he finds me like a bloodhound anyways. 

"BITCH!" I hear him screech from across the common room of the dorm building. I wince and wave at him gently. "WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU EVERYWHERE!" He walks to me and grabs me by the collar of my shirt, promptly dragging me to the couch and sitting me down. 

"S-Sorry." I say nervously. Seeing him is making a lump form in my throat. "I've been busy-"

"Boi don't even come at me with that bullshit!" He snaps. "We haven't been in school for the last two days. What the hell have you been busy with?! I know you didn't get a boyfriend without telling me, and I know that you ain't planning any trips, so what the hell?! Have you been ignoring me?"

I blush  from head to toe, looking around at all the passing student who angrily glare at Eunwoo for being so loud. 

"H-Here, let's talk outside." I say, standing and shrugging my backpack on over my shoulder. 

He follows behind me quietly, but I know he's glaring holes into my back. 

I sigh and try to think of a way to explain my situation to someone who dries their tears with hundred dollar tissues. 

We walk over to the roof of the student cafe outside and sit at a table, setting our bags down. 

"Okay, so tell me what's been up. I know you, Jimin, and I've known something was going on for awhile now. So, what is it?" He looks at me directly in the eyes and I get a moment of deja vu; he reminds me of my mother when she would pull me aside and somehow know every secret I've ever kept from her. 

"I-I..." I take a deep breath. "It's hard to explain..." The warm wind blows gently and as I look down off the side of the cafe roof, I can see Mr. Jeon setting his suitcase into his car...and suddenly tears are welling up in my eyes. 

"H-Hey what's wrong?" Eunwoo asks, leaning close and looking me over with  worried eyes. 

Memories of the night I kissed Mr. Jeon, and how he rejected me flash through my mind, and it hurts all over again. 

"...Eunwoo...I'm moving back to Korea..." I say, and the air goes stale.

"You mean for holiday break right?" He asks nervously.

I say nothing, only look at him and smile sadly...

Jungkook's POV

I pack my things into the car, making sure to wear my sunglasses so that no one sees the dark circles under my eyes. 

I haven't slept hardly at all since Mr. Park and I kissed... 

I feel a mix of guilt and fear when I think back on it. I wish  I had just kept my hands to myself. 

What if he tells someone? I know he told me that he didn't mind the kiss, but then I rejected him...and maybe now he's going to want revenge because I hurt him. 

I mean, it would make sense because I was so cruel...and maybe if he transfers schools because of me or I get fired because of it then he'll finally be able to achieve everything he's worth...

I put my suit case into the back of my car, and as I do, I overhear a conversation above my head. 

"Eunwoo, I'm moving back to Korea." I hear Mr. Park say, and suddenly it feels like time is frozen and everything looks a little more grey and empty. 

"You mean for the summer, right?" Eunwoo asks...and there's no response for a bit. 

"...My parents don't have the money to keep me here anymore...I have  to move back home to help them pay off the debt they're in, and then maybe in a few years..." He sniffles. "maybe then I can come back..." He doesn't sound hopeful of this at all. 

It's quiet for a long minute as Eunwoo, who was meant to hear this news digests it all, and as I, the unintentional bystander feels the weight of it. 

He's leaving...forever...

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?" Eunwoo asks, his voice serious. 

"I didn't want you to worry...and I didn't want you to pay for me either." Mr. Park whimpers. 

"Why the hell, Jimin?" He says, frustratedly. "I thought we were friends! Friends tell each other these things and they help each other out. Why aren't you just getting a job or something?"

"I can't get a job and go to the academy at the same time, Eunwoo. It's too much stress...it's just better this way. I'm worried that my family will lose the house if they get into any more debt because of the academy fees."

I can hear Eunwoo sigh and slap the table top in anger...and I relate.

I got upset before when I found out that Jimin's parents were asking him to come home...but I didn't think they'd actually go through with it. 

Jimin's POV

"I'm sorry, Eunwoo. I know I shouldn't have avoided you, but I didn't know how to give you this news-"

"So you decided to spend even less time with me before you go?!" He asks and I wince. "That's not what I meant.." He sighs. "I just wish there was some way that things could work out. It's not even fun here. The only reason I keep on coming to school is because I know my best friend is here and that it's gonna be a good day...but if you're not even there then I don't see the point in staying."

"Yah! You can't leave too!" I shout playfully. "You gotta stay so that I have a reason to come back and visit." I chuckle sadly, drying my tears.

He half smiles, and then frowns. 

"It's gonna really suck without you here..." He says. "...I grew up not having many friends, and then when I met you then I wasn't really expecting us to get along very well, but we did...and now you're leaving." His voice cracks slightly. 

Gently I scoot closer to him and wrap an arm around him, hugging him. 

"It's gonna be alright, Eunwoo. It's not like we're not gonna be friends anymore-"

"Yeah, but it'll be different...we both  know that it will." I can't argue with him on that...

~Time Skip~

As I gather my things and wait for my taxi in front of the school, Eunwoo is there to comfort me and hug me goodbye. 

He wishes me a safe trip, and that everything will go well for me back home, and he asks me to come visit soon, which I wish could happen...but with my financial situation, I don't think that's a possibility...

The  car ride to the airport is silent, only the hum of the tires against the road remind me that I can still hear. 

My mind spins with memories of the last year, and the sadness of the fact that I will never get a chance to tell Mr. Jeon goodbye, and to thank him, and assure him that I will never tell anyone about our kiss...

A tear peaks at the corner of my eyelid and slides down my cheek...reflecting the light of a city that I know I will never see again. And just as quickly as it came...it drip off my cheek and vanishes like my dreams...

**************************

Thank you all so much for reading this chapter!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜